New broadband access network improves productivity of commercial transactions, Dover International Speedway’s operations, and fan connectivity at the Monster Mile
HANOVER, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Dover International Speedway (DIS) recently worked with Ciena® (CIEN) and Broad Valley Micro Fiber Networks Inc. to upgrade its facilities for the digital age. Broad Valley designed, constructed, and is operating DIS’s new WiFi over Ethernet/Fiber platform using Ciena’s packet networkingsolutions. Launched at the NASCAR race weekend on May 13, the upgrade helps eliminate bandwidth bottlenecks on race days and enables DIS to increase the network capacity required for videography, commerce and fan connectivity.
- DIS’s “Monster Mile” track was built in 1969 and has the capacity to seat 85,000 fans, making it one of the largest sports venues in the mid-Atlantic region. Race teams and vendors utilized the network during a three-day, action-packed weekend May 13-15 that included a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, a NASCAR XFINITY Series Dash 4 Cash race, and a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event.
- Improved broadband performance, reach and traffic management provided via the Broad Valley and Ciena solution improves the overall fan experience and race logistics. The upgraded network offers WiFi connectivity inside and outside the track to support point of sales systems, public internet access, security systems, and dedicated internet access for members of the media. It also allows for programmatic data analysis to aid in future marketing plans and strategic initiatives that improve operations and overall fan interactions.
- Ciena’s 3900 family of switches provide Broad Valley and DIS with a scalable and highly resilient network that can quickly add new high-capacity data services. Additionally, Ciena’sUnified Management solution offers complete visibility and control of the network, allowing Broad Valley to proactively resolve unexpected issues and maintain network reliability.
- LightRiver Technologies, Inc., an integrator of next generation transport solutions for carrier-grade networks, and Ciena Diamond-level BizConnect partner for seven years and the only global Ciena Authorized Learning Provider, provided network design and turnkey implementation package, project management, technical resources and post implementation support.
- “Broad Valley and Ciena are bringing DIS into the digital age with an intelligent, programmable and agile data networking platform that can scale to support more devices and efficiently monitor activity on the network. Our packet networking solutions reliably support large-scale events and venues, where tens of thousands of people are simultaneously accessing wireless data networks, alongside the event’s official networks for broadcast media and merchandising.”
- Jason Phipps, General Manager and Vice President, North America, Ciena
- “Broadband access is extremely important—and in very high demand—at sports stadiums and other outdoor venues. Fans want to be connected to their phones and other devices, and media and merchants all demand high-speed, secure connectivity. This project is a great case study in how you can upgrade digital capabilities in these types of environments.”
- Taylor Salman, Vice President, Strategic Development, Broad Valley
- “This collaboration is really a showcase for what is possible when you combine the strategic leadership and market awareness at Broad Valley, with the technology leadership at Ciena, and next generation, transport network integration at LightRiver. Together, we designed and quickly deployed a network while establishing a support structure that will allow Broad Valley to grow.”
- Michael Jonas, President, Global Sales & Marketing, LightRiver Technologies
About Broad Valley Micro Fiber Networks (MFN) Inc. (www.bvmfn.com)
Broad Valley Micro Fiber Networks Inc. is a bandwidth infrastructure company focused on designing, constructing, and operating high capacity networks in underserved areas up to Tier 1 markets. The company’s objective is to help close the “Digital Divide” by focusing on the needs of all segments of the market: consumer, business, and government. Broad Valley MFN is capitalized by Broad Valley Capital, LLC and supported by its Senior Advisors: Lance L. Weaver; and Clay Boothby of Capitol Innovations, LLC.
About Broad Valley Capital, LLC(www.broadvalley.com)
Broad Valley Capital, LLC is a telecom, media, and technology investment and advisory firm founded by Peter D. Aquino and Richard P. Diegnan, Jr. The firm’s team of consultants has years of operating and executive management experience in both public and private companies.
About LightRiver Technologies, Inc.
LightRiver Technologies designs, engineers, commissions and supports next generation solutions for mission-critical clients that require the highest capacity, reliability and resiliency that today’s optical communications technology can deliver. A leader in integrating the multi-vendor, Factory Built Network® solution, LightRiver is an expert in Tier 1 Packet Optical, DWDM/ROADM, MPLS and Carrier Ethernet systems, and in successfully migrating legacy networks to the next generation. LightRiver delivers unique value across the United States with turnkey solutions, carrier-grade quality and unparalleled customer care in multi-technology networking. For more information, please visit www.lightriver.com.
Ciena (CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Jamie Moody, 877-857-7377
Clay Boothby, 202-595-4923
Jaymie Scotto & Associates (JSA)
+1 866-695-3629 ext. 6
Gregg Lampf, 877-243-6273