Utilizing the latest media software technology and NFV ecosystems to enable service providers to optimally deploy communications services at scale
SAN JOSE, CA, April 13, 2016 – GENBAND™, a leading provider of real time communications solutions, today announced that it will demonstrate its industry-leading elastic and carrier-scale virtualized media transcoding capabilities for Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) deployments at NFV World Congress 2016 in San Jose, California April 19 -22. GENBAND’s advanced media solution consists of voice and video transcoding and media processing for multiple real time communications applications including various mobile VoLTE (Voice over LTE) applications and Distributed Session Border Controllers (SBCs). The solution uses the latest Intel® architecture and technology to allow communications service providers to automatically and independently scale control and bearer plane Virtual Network Functions (VNFs) with elasticity for optimal NFV deployments in service provider cloud environments.
GENBAND’s multiple VNF software technology, which is agnostic to virtualization infrastructure and orchestration environments, has also been integrated onto the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Helion Open Stack carrier-grade NFV platform to demonstrate LTE Wi-Fi, Session Border Control and other solutions. GENBAND joined the HPE OpenNFV Ecosystem in 2014 as a Technology Partner and has since worked closely with HPE and other ecosystem partners to help service providers achieve the goal of launching new services faster, easier and at a lower cost through the virtualization of core telecommunications network functions.
“We are looking forward to demonstrating our leadership in media processing and elastic transcoding in the NFV cloud at NFV World Congress,” said Sanjay Bhatia, Vice President of Solutions Marketing and Strategy at GENBAND. “Utilizing Intel’s software architecture and HPE technology we are demonstrating our unique ability to process media elastically and at carrier-scale for NFV-based real time services including VoLTE, the Internet of Things (IoT), interconnect and fixed network media processing applications.”
“As a partner in HPE’s OpenNFV Ecosystem, GENBAND’s leading media processing technologies provide our service provider customers with compelling NFV and SDN solutions,” said Werner Schaefer, Vice President, Sales & Go-to-Market, Communications Solutions Business at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “Our collaboration efforts with ecosystem partners are not only being recognized throughout the industry, but more importantly they are resulting in real world applications and solutions.”
Mr. Bhatia will be presenting “High Performance Virtual Network Functions” during the Intel Network Builders Summit at the NFV World Congress on Tuesday, April 19 at 1:30 pm and also participating on a panel discussion, “Creating Revenue from NFV+SDN”, on Thursday, April 21 at 5:00 pm.
- GENBAND’s market-leading NFV media processing solutions, which utilize the latest Intel architecture, will be on display at NFV World Congress.
- GENBAND’s advanced media solution consists of voice and video transcoding for multiple 4G/5G applications including IMS VoLTE and Distributed Session Border Controllers.
- GENBAND NFV solutions utilize Intel architecture (Intel Xeon® DPDK or Data Plane Development Kit- Communications Chipset/Media SDK) for bearer/data plane applications such as VoLTE, Wi-Fi offloading, media transcoding (Distributed SBC), real time video transcoding and other network media applications.
- GENBAND has integrated its VNF software onto the HPE Helion Open Stack carrier-grade NFV platform allowing service providers to quickly and cost-effectively deploy new services.
- Download the white paper, RTC Media in the NFV Cloud.
- View the video, NFV Made Easy.
- Download the white paper, NFV, Cloud and SDN: Moving beyond Simple Virtualization.
GENBAND at NFV World Congress: Exhibition Hall-Stand #19.
GENBAND is a global leader in real-time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. Kandy, its award-winning, disruptive real-time communications software development platform, is built from the company’s global telecommunications network and security technologies. The platform enables these companies to easily embed a full suite of voice, video, chat, screen-sharing and collaboration capabilities into their existing business, web and mobile applications. The company’s Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility and Embedded Communications solutions enable its customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND’s market-leading solutions, which are deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud, help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today’s consumers and businesses for real-time communications wherever they happen to be. To learn more visit genband.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.
Intel and Xeon are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
+1 (972) 521-5921
+1 (646) 741-1974
- See more at: https://www.genband.com/media-center/press-releases/genband-demonstrates-industry-leading-nfv-media-processing-capabilities#sthash.OKHtBxlk.dpuf