Equinix helps BlueJeans deliver more than one billion video meeting minutes per-year
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Equinix, Inc. (EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that BlueJeans Network, the global leader in cloud-based video communications, has partnered with Equinix and joined the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ to quickly expand its global reach and provide high-performance connectivity to its cloud-based video offerings. In addition to providing access on Equinix Cloud Exchange in select markets, BlueJeans also leverages Equinix’s footprint of 145+ International Business Exchange (IBX®) data centers, presence in 40 global markets and proven operational reliability of Platform Equinix™ (with global uptime of 99.9999% in 2015) to provide direct virtual connections to its services. Equinix’s vast and vendor-neutral network of 1,150+ networks and carriers gives BlueJeans enhanced flexibility and choice, with increased safety, speed and reliability.
With IDC predicting that by 2017 60 percent of enterprise Unified Communications (UC) as-a-Service deployments will be cloud based*, and Gartner forecasting the value of the UC market at $42.4 billion by 2019**, competition in the cloud-based UC space is strong. As modern meetings increasingly connect global teams and remote workers, ease of use and high quality are paramount, as every minor glitch can erode vendor credibility.
BlueJeans is deploying an Interconnection Oriented Architecture (IOA)™ with Equinix in three regions to decentralize and distribute its infrastructure, enabling greater agility and scale by bringing data closer to end users. This results in lower latency and superior application performance and gives BlueJeans the ability to offer direct connection to its cloud-based services, as well as gain access to leading network service providers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- BlueJeans recently unveiled its Enterprise Video Cloud, a secure platform and extensible architecture that delivers business video communications on a global scale by uniting single-click video experiences with powerful IT management tools and a rich ecosystem of integration partners. Equinix supports BlueJeans’ Enterprise Video Cloud by offering global Tier-1 direct peering in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- BlueJeans partnered with Equinix as it began a push to increase its share of the enterprise market, citing universal interoperability to connect more conference rooms, people and devices as a key selling point. With approximately 1.2 billion* mobile workers worldwide, enterprises are focusing on extending the range of productivity services that can be deployed on and accessed by a diverse range of devices, whether for a one-to-one video meeting, or engagement supporting 5,000 attendees with one-click access to live, multipoint, interactive video.
- In addition to enterprise mobility, digital transformation is leading to greater integration of network infrastructures and applications as demand for cloud-powered, instant video roll-out and scalability increases. As enterprises equip themselves to provide customers and employees with more seamless “omni-experience” workflow applications, organizations can use the BlueJeans API to integrate cloud-powered video communications.
- Dan Nater, vice president of operations, BlueJeans
“We’re so impressed with Equinix Cloud Exchange that we’ve nicknamed it ‘rocket fuel for BlueJeans.’ The direct connections we establish through Cloud Exchange are faster, more secure and more reliable than ever before. The increased safety and speed available through Cloud Exchange versus the public Internet has us aiming to greatly accelerate deployments among global enterprises.”
- Bill Long, vice president of interconnection solutions, Equinix
“As global and mobile workforces grow, so will demand for simple-to-use yet integrated, secure and reliable video communications experiences like BlueJeans, which greatly facilitate internal and external collaboration. And, like BlueJeans, SaaS providers looking to differentiate their service can utilize Platform Equinix and Equinix Cloud Exchange to ensure high-performance and secure delivery of their applications on a global scale.”
- Learn more about Platform Equinix [website]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange overview [website]
- Equinix Interconnected Oriented Architecture [blog post]
- Learn more about BlueJeans Enterprise Video Cloud [website]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange Provides “Rocket Fuel” for BlueJeans’ Growth [blog post]
Equinix, Inc. (EQIX) connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
* Source: IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Telecommunications 2016 Predictions, November 2015, Doc # 259874
**Source: Gartner Forecast Overview: Unified Communications, Worldwide, 2015