- First Implementation of award-winning Flexi Zone solution at Tele2’s flagship store in Amsterdam
- Operator plans to complement LTE macro base stations with small cells in outdoor hot spots and key indoor locations
9 March, 2016
Amsterdam, Netherlands – Following the successful trial of Nokia’s outdoor and indoor small cells, Tele2 has selected the company as supplier of LTE small cells products. The operator started commercial deployments of Flexi Zone LTE base stations to provide a remarkably rich user experience in hot spots and indoor locations, and address ever-increasing demand for mobile data when required.
Nokia’s Flexi Zone solution has already been installed at Tele2’s new flagship store in Amsterdam, which will open soon, to provide a stunning experience to subscribers, testing new phones and the performance of Tele2’s LTE network.
Flexi Zone creates a network of low-power LTE access points that can easily complement an operator’s existing macro base station-based infrastructure, thus delivering ultra-fast broadband speeds to subscribers.
Click to tweet: Tele2 delivers unmatched service experience at new flagship store with @nokianetworks #smallcells http://nokia.ly/1LNPiYh #NetworksPerform
Overview of the products delivered by Nokia:
- Flexi Zone solution including the industry’s smallest all-in-one micro and pico base stations, the only small cells with macro capacity.
- Small cell macro parity – a unique attribute of Flexi Zone – enables simplification in the deployment of HetNets. The software code is the same as in Nokia’s macro base stations and can be managed and optimized by NetAct.
François Mairey, CTIO at Tele2 Netherlands, said: “We continue to build on our LTE-Advanced network at high speed to address the growing appetite for mobile data, especially in busy locations and at peak times. The results achieved during previous live trials proved that Nokia’s Flexi Zone can offer extremely fast and targeted capacity in high-density indoor areas, making it the ideal solution for our new flagship store.”
Mikko Ylä-Kauttu, Account Director Netherlands at Nokia, said: “Nokia is glad to support Tele2 in implementing its future-ready small cells products in its flagship store, a high-tech hangout for users to test the most advanced technology and high-speed services. Our Flexi Zone solution is an extremely cost-effective way to complement macro networks in residential and commercial areas, ensuring a superior experience where most data usage occurs.”
Did you know?
- Nokia has been a leader in the small cells ecosystem from the start. The company has a full portfolio of products and services across both macro and small cells that deliver the best mix of capabilities for a high return on investment.
- For Tele2, Nokia is the sole supplier of the nation-wide greenfield radio access network and related network management system NetAct
- Website: Flexi Zone
About Tele 2
Tele2 is one of Europe’s fastest growing telecoms operators, always providing customers with what they need for less. We have 14 million customers in 9 countries. Tele2 offers mobile services, fixed broadband and telephony, data network services, content services and global M2M/IoT solutions. Ever since Jan Stenbeck founded the company in 1993, it has been a tough challenger to the former government monopolies and other established providers. Tele2 has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm since 1996. In 2014, we had net sales of SEK 26 billion and reported an operating profit (EBITDA) of SEK 5.9 billion.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
Anne Samson: +33 6 03 79 30 86
Jan-Willem te Gussinklo, Dutch Media Relations
Tel: +31 64 300 3197
– See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/tele2-netherlands-boosts-network-capacity-indoor-coverage-with-nokia-lte-small-cells#sthash.OxqJa5NT.dpuf
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date