- Aims to create safe and smart city for residents and visitors, applying Internet of Things (IoT) technologies for areas including emergency services support, e-government, transportation and healthcare
- Nokia to provide a 5G-ready, mission-critical network consisting of comprehensive security solutions, core and radio access solutions, IP/MPLS, optical and microwave backhaul network, along with professional services
20 March 2016
Dubai, UAE – Nedaa, Professional Communication Corporation, the Dubai Government security networks provider, and its approved technology provider Esharah Etisalat Security Solutions, have commissioned Nokia to deploy a smart city solution based on a 5G-ready next-generation network that will enable high-bandwidth voice, video and other data applications for mission-critical services and Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
The comprehensive scope of the project includes the supply of 5G-ready, mission-critical network consisting of comprehensive security solutions, core and radio access solutions, and IP/MPLS, optical and microwave backhaul network, along with professional services.
Network resources will be shared by various government agencies and departments, enabling the provision of seamless connected services to address stringent requirements for critical communications. Nedaa has appointed Esharah Etisalat Security Solutions to oversee this mission-critical network deployment by Nokia over the next two years.
This latest project with the Government of Dubai builds on Nokia’s existing working relationship with the city. In 2001, Nokia started to work with public safety communication networks in Dubai, and the current project will be a continuation to keep Dubai a safe and smart city for its residents and visitors.
Yousif Al Ali, Chief Technical Officer, Nedaa, said: “Dubai has historically pioneered in providing exceptional quality of life, and an unparalleled business and technology innovation environment, inspired by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s vision to make Dubai the happiest city on earth. Nokia has been an integral part of Dubai’s security communications network since 2001, and the company’s eagerness to adapt to our new, stringent security requirements gives us the confidence to make our city the safest and smartest in the world.”
Mansour BuOsaiba, CEO of Esharah Etisalat Security Solutions, said: “We are proud to have been appointed by Nedaa to oversee this strategic project. We are looking forward to working closely with Nokia to deploy a next-generation network for mission-critical and IoT services that will play a key role in making Dubai the safest and smartest city.”
Amr El-Leithy, Head of Middle East & Africa, Nokia, said: “The Government of Dubai’s vision for creating the safest and smartest city in the world is far-reaching, and something Nokia is proud to be part of. Mission-critical communications network is the foundation for realizing this vision, and enables public safety and other IoT use cases. Nokia, leveraging its leadership position in 4G and pioneering work in 5G, is well positioned to support the Government of Dubai in its vision to make the city a model for the rest of the world.”
Picture: From left to right: Mr. Mansour Bu Osaiba, Nedaa Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Esharah, General Manager; Mr. Saeed Almheiri, Nedaa Chief Executive Officer; Rajeev Suri, Nokia President and CEO; and Mr. Yousif Al Ali, Nedaa Chief Technical Officer.
- Webpage: Public Safety
- Press release: Nokia Networks unlocks full potential of mission-critical LTE for public safety #NetworksPerform
- Press release: Nokia showcases LTE technology for the use of drones in smart cities
- Press release: Nokia Networks, du first in UAE to use telco drones for better network planning & faster optimization
- Press release: Nokia helps network operators and enterprises develop new IoT revenue streams #MWC16
- Press Release: Nokia launches first all-in-one centralized security configuration, monitoring and analysis system for operators #MWC16
- Whitepaper: LTE networks for public safety services
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://nokia.com
About Nedaa, Professional Communication Corporation
Nedaa - Professional Communication Corporation launched its services following its foundation from its headquarters in Dubai. Nedaa services cover various parts of northern emirates. The corporation managed to operate a professional network, in a very short period of time, providing telecommunication services to all specialised governmental, semi-governmental and private institutions aiming to be a leader in the field of telecommunications.
Nedaa Services and plans are in line with Dubai government’s strategic plan for 2015 as well as the preparation of qualified and reliable infrastructure to be able to deal effectively with different possible scenarios. Nedaa relies on international techniques and systems such as TETRA voice communication system, the fastest among the existing voice transfer systems.
For further information on Nedaa’s products and services, kindly visit our website www.nedaa.ae
Phone: +971 529 823 406
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
Phone: +971 506750022
Phone: +971 4 4170000
- See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/dubai-government-selects-nokia-to-deliver-next-generation-network-for-mission-critical-and#sthash.E4c8pufz.dpuf