Cambridge, MA | February 24, 2016
Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM, news, filings), the global leader in content delivery network (CDN) services, today announced the company’s presence at the upcoming RSA Conference 2016 in booth #N4000. Through a series of live booth demonstrations and executive presentations, Akamai will showcase its cloud security solutions and the ways in which they are designed to help security professionals manage malicious internet traffic – blocking and mitigating harmful threats while allowing more legitimate traffic to pass through the network.
Akamai technology demonstrations planned for RSA Conference 2016 include:
- Bot Management: Attendees will learn how Akamai’s recently launched Web Security technology, Bot Manager, is designed to enable true management of bots versus simple detection and blocking techniques, providing users greater control over the business and technological impact of bot traffic.
- DDoS and Web Application Protection: Booth attendees will get a first-hand look at the updated rules and settings for Akamai’s Kona Site Defender.
- State of the Internet: Security Report: Akamai will provide attendees with a breakdown of findings from the Q4 2015 State of the Internet: Security Report. Discussion points will include key sources and targets of attack traffic, prevalent attack types, the evolution of DDoS and more.
Further, several of Akamai's security thought leaders and experts will participate in conference sessions throughout the event. Conference sessions featuring Akamai security experts include:
- Bots—Fast Growing Bane of the Web: Crawlers, Scrapers and Account Checkers – On Wednesday, March 2 at 11:30 a.m. PT, John Summers, Vice President of Akamai’s Security Business Unit, will review how to distinguish between bots and real users, how to categorize bots by their goals, and present techniques to manage bot traffic efficiently by category.
- OpenSSL after HeartBleed – On Tuesday, March 1 at 2:20 p.m. PT and Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 9:10 a.m. PT, Rich Salz of Akamai’s OpenSSL Development Team will discuss what has happened within OpenSSL since the “re-key the Internet” event.
- Compliance as a Hammer: Aligning with FedRAMP – On March 3, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. PT, Akamai Program Manager James Salerno will explore what strategies work in engaging in collaboration to align business goals with compliance goals.
Author PW Singer Book Signing
Leading global security authority and author PW Singer will host two discussions – Wars of Tomorrow: From Cyber Threats to Robotics, What is Changing? – with booth visitors and will be available to sign copies of his book, Cybersecurity and Cyberwar: What Everyone Needs to Know, on the following days:
- Tuesday, March 1, 2016, Akamai Booth N4000, 4:00 p.m. PT
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Akamai Booth N4000, 2:00 p.m. PT
As the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, Akamai makes the Internet fast, reliable and secure for its customers. The company’s advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. To learn how Akamai solutions and its team of Internet experts are helping businesses move faster forward, please visitwww.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.