The 70,000 Square-Foot Data Center Is Located in the Ashburn Cluster and Will Be Marketed to Services Providers and Large Enterprises as a Powered Shell or Build-to-Suit Offering.
Denver, CO – June 10, 2015
H5 Data Centers, a national colocation and wholesale data center provider, today announced it has acquired a wholesale data center at 21800 Beaumeade Drive in Ashburn, Virginia. The Ashburn data center totals 70,000 SF, is expandable to more than 100,000 SF, and features at least 8.5 MVA of power capacity. H5 will market the asset to international carriers, colocation and cloud services providers, and enterprises as a powered shell or build-to-suit data center. The location is within the world-renowned Ashburn data center cluster. Pre-leasing is under way with phase 1 upgrades to be completed in Q3 of 2015.
“Ashburn presents a unique opportunity for wholesale customers in search of an East Coast data center,” stated Josh Simms, chief executive officer at H5 Data Centers. “We believe its location within the Ashburn data center cluster, proximity to fiber providers, and fully customizable data center product make the building a compelling wholesale offering in the Northern Virginia market.”
H5 Ashburn Highlights:
- Pre-Leasing is underway with the facility marketed to international carriers, colocation and cloud services providers, and large enterprises as a powered shell or build-to-suit data center
- H5 to complete exterior and interior upgrades by the end of Q3 2015
- 70,000 SF data center expandable to 100,000 SF with access to 8.5+ MVA of power
- Fully customizable data center layout/infrastructure design, 1,500+ cabinets across four computer rooms
- Diverse access to 15+ metro fiber providers
- Located within the Ashburn data center cluster with access to hundreds of carriers and Internet peers
- Pro-growth incentives from state government and Dominion Power
“H5 is experiencing strong, sustained demand for our wholesale data center and colocation services across the United States,” continued Simms. “Northern Virginia is one of the country’s largest and strongest data center markets. Ashburn features a growing base of global end users, local and state governments that value the economic impact of data centers, a highly skilled local workforce, and an international network ecosystem that optimizes IT services delivery throughout the East Coast and beyond.”
H5 Ashburn represents the company’s seventh data center in the United States and joins a growing list of markets including Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, San Jose, San Luis Obispo, and Seattle.
For more information or to schedule a tour, visit h5datacenters.com.
About H5 Data Centers
H5 Data Centers is one of the leading privately-owned data center operators in the United States with over one million square feet under management. The company designs and engineers flexible and scalable data center and interconnection solutions to address the business and operational requirements of its customers. H5 Data Centers currently owns data centers in Ashburn, Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, San Jose, San Luis Obispo, and Seattle. For more information, visit www.h5datacenters.com.