A smarter way to watch TV now available for more than 50,000 homes in the Lexington community
Lexington, KY., – Windstream (NYSE:WIN, news, filings), a leading provider of advanced network communications, announced today that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is now available in Lexington, Kentucky. More than 50,000 Lexington residents can sign up for Kinetic, a new way of watching television that leverages the company’s 100% fiber-backed network to provide customers with a better TV experience.
Powered by the Ericsson Mediaroom platform, Kinetic offers an innovative user experience coupled with features that subscribers want and deserve from a TV provider. With Kinetic, customers will receive fast, high-quality, interactive television with features that include:
- High Definition (HD) Channels: Get the TV you love on the stations you know, and all packages include HD channels;
- Free Whole Home DVR: Enjoy watching recorded shows in any room at any time; record, pause, fast-forward and rewind live TV, plus, record up to 4 shows at once;
- Wireless Set Top Box (for additional TVs): Limit wire clutter and enjoy the freedom to watch TV in any room without the worrying about cable ports;
- Video On-Demand: Choose from an extensive library of great entertainment including new releases, shows for kids, and hit TV series;
- Instant Channel Change: Surf channels with no lag between channel changes;
- Exclusive savings when you bundle services: Bundle Kinetic with High-Speed Internet and unlimited phone and save;
- Free professional installation: Experienced technicians will install your service free of charge; and
- No term commitment: Experience entertainment without compromise.
"We're extremely excited to make Kinetic available to the Lexington community following our initial launch in Lincoln last spring," said Sarah Day, interim president of Consumer and Small Business at Windstream. "The response we’ve received from customers has been tremendous and we’re confident that Lexington residents will find it to be a superior entertainment experience to cable or satellite.”
Beginning today, Kinetic is available as a bundled service with Windstream's High Speed Internet and telephone services. All bundle rates, which vary based on channel selection, include the features listed above. Rates for TV-only service start at $39.99.
(TV and Internet)
(TV, Internet and Phone)
|Basic: $59.98||Basic: $64.98|
|Select: $104.98||Select: $109.98|
|Preferred: $124:98||Preferred: $129.98|
Customers interested in signing up for Kinetic are encouraged to call (866) 444-2841, stop by Windstream’s retail store at 151 N Martin Luther King Blvd. in Lexington, or visit Windstream.com/Kinetic.
Windstream Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIN), a Fortune 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice and digital TV to consumers. We also provide data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 121,000 miles. Additional information is available at windstream.com. Please visit our newsroom atnews.windstream.com or follow us on Twitter at @WindstreamNews.
Kyle Riley, 501-748-7649
Erin Clark, 646-747-7168