BROOMFIELD, Colo., December 1, 2015 – Level 3 Communications, Inc.(NYSE:LVLT, news, filings) received five 2015 MEF Excellence Awards for Carrier Ethernet retail and wholesale services. The annual MEF Excellence Awards program recognizes service, application, technology and professional excellence in the global carrier Ethernet space, in North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and in the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) regions.
- Level 3 received the highest number of service-related 2015 MEF Excellence Awards of any provider, taking home the top honors in 5 of 31 total awards, including: Retail Service Provider of the Year for the Global, North America and CALA regions and Wholesale Provider of the Year in North America and CALA.
- Level 3 employs the greatest number of MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professionals (MEF-CECP) of the nearly 220 MEF member companies around the world.
- The MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional Program is a vendor-neutral certification program created to identify the industry's leading professionals and to showcase the expertise and excellence in technological knowledge and understanding of Carrier Ethernet service specifications and definitions.
- The judging panel for the awards was comprised of global and regional senior analysts from Current Analysis, Frost & Sullivan, IDC, IHS Infonetics, Metanoia, Ovum, SDxCentral, Vertical Systems and independent judges.
- Level 3 participated in the MEF’s Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO) Hackathon with industry leaders from 20 companies to develop baseline code to drive future Ethernet standards.
- Level 3 Ethernet solutions are available in 198 markets across North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
Anthony Christie, Chief Marketing Officer for Level 3
"At Level 3, we believe the MEF 2.0 Ethernet architecture is ideal to enable flexible and elastic network solutions, like our software defined Adaptive Network Control solutions set, that customers require to face today's business challenges. This is why we are focused on delivering a single, ubiquitous Ethernet platform across our global network and ensuring our engineers are highly trained in the leading Ethernet technology and specifications in support of our customers."
Nan Chen, President of the MEF
"Level 3 has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to providing high-quality Carrier Ethernet services to customers around the world and to actively supporting the MEF mission of accelerating the worldwide adoption and interoperability of Carrier-class Ethernet networks and services through consistent standards and certification."
- MAP: Level 3’s Global Ethernet Network
- CASE STUDY: Brock White
- FACT SHEET: Level 3 Ethernet Solution Matrix
For more information on Level 3’s advanced network and service offerings, visit www.level3.com.
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3’s comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: successfully integrate the tw telecom acquisition; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; maintain and increase traffic on its network; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; attract and retain qualified management and other personnel; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.