No gimmicks, no tricks – Available on almost all consumer plans
Savings guaranteed until 2018
Plus, Sprint will pay fees up to $650 for anyone switching to Sprint
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. – Nov. 18, 2015 – In celebration of the launch of its new LTE Plus network, which has been clocking blazing speeds nationwide, Sprint (NYSE:S, news, filings) is introducing the biggest wireless offer in U.S. history – 50 percent off the price of most Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile rate plans1. This unprecedented opportunity invites wireless subscribers to try the Sprint network that is performing better than ever – it’s faster than Verizon and AT&T, based on analysis of a recent study by Nielsen2. New customers can sign up for this offer nationwide Nov. 20 through Jan. 7, 2016.
50 Percent Off Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile Rate Plans
Example: T-Mobile offers 10GB for $80 per month. T-Mobile customers switching to Sprint can get unlimited talk and text with the same amount of data for $40 per month and that’s with high-speed for your video at Sprint.
Example: A family paying $100 for 15GB at AT&T can get the same amount of data for $50 if they switch to Sprint. Customers also save 50 percent on the access fee.
Example: Verizon customers paying $80 for 12GB of data will pay $40 for 12GB if they switch to Sprint, and they will save 50 percent on the access fee, too.
“We’ve made tremendous strides with our network because we know consumers want wireless service that provides consistent speed and reliability,” said Marcelo Claure, Sprint CEO. “We are so confident that customers will have an amazing experience that we are encouraging them to give us a try with the biggest wireless offer in the history of our industry. Customers switching to Sprint will never need to look elsewhere. They will learn what our 58 million customers already know – Sprint offers the best value and an award-winning network.”
To reward existing customers for their loyalty, Sprint is offering a free tablet with one year of free service with a two-year contract3, while supplies last. A $360 value, this will make a great holiday gift.
“Our company would be nothing without our existing customers so we wanted to make sure we showed our appreciation to them, too,” Claure said. “They will be able to take advantage of this great offer during this holiday season.”
Sprint LTE Plus network
LTE Plus, available today in 77 major markets, takes advantage of Sprint’s rich triband spectrum portfolio, and it uses some of the world’s most advanced technologies in wireless, such as carrier aggregation and antenna beamforming.
Respected third-party testers are recognizing Sprint’s network improvements. For example:
- Nielsen looks at how consumers use their wireless devices and their most recent tests showed that the Sprint network is faster than Verizon’s and AT&T’s2.
- Lowest latency: Latency is the delay between the time wireless information is sent and received. Low latency means faster transmissions, and that’s a great thing! In the third quarter this year, Sprint had the lowest LTE latency, according to OpenSignal. Sprint beat AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile – the second consecutive quarter Sprint held this lowest latency ranking.
- RootMetrics is recognizing Sprint for substantial improvements in overall, reliability, speed, data, call, and/or text network performance. As of Nov. 17, Sprint has achieved 108 first-place (outright or shared) RootScore Awards in 67 metro markets published in the second half of 2015 (up from 70 awards a year ago)4.
John Saw, Sprint chief technology officer, describes in this blog post the performance improvement seen by leading third-party testing organizations.
Cutting your rate plan by 50 percent is easy
This pricing plan is simple with no gimmicks or tricks. Customers who switch get 50 percent off most current rate plan prices from their current carrier. AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon customers switching to Sprint also can take advantage of iPhone Forever, where they are eligible to upgrade every time a new iPhone launches.
- This is a worry-free offer. Customers have 28 days to experience Sprint service. If they are not satisfied, customers can return their device with no restocking fee5.
- Visit your local Sprint store, Sprint Store at RadioShack, www.sprint.com or call 1-800-Sprint1 to switch.
- Get your new device with Sprint Lease, iPhone Forever, Sprint Easy Pay installment billing or pay full retail price for the device. Or bring your own compatible device.
- Customers must port one line, and can add up to 9 additional lines on the account.
- Customers must choose from the 50 percent off rate plans available from their current carrier.
- Cricket and MetroPCS customers also can switch and save 50 percent off their parent company’s postpaid rates.
- 50 percent off pricing remains valid until Jan. 8, 2018, for activations between Nov. 20, 2015, and Jan. 7, 2016.
- Sprint will pay your switching fees up to $650 per line via an American Express® Reward Card after online registration and phone turn-in6.
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served more than 58.6 million connections as of Sept. 30, 2015, and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America for the past five years. You can learn more and visit Sprint atwww.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1Discount applies to base monthly service plan and access charges only. Discount does not apply to certain charges such as taxes, surcharges, roaming, premium content, add-ons, and apps. New plan features may not be an exact match. Discount offer limited to consumer plans for: Verizon’s advertised shared data rate plans as of 11/18/15 for 1GB, 3GB, 6GB, 12GB, 18GB, 20GB, and 25GB; T-Mobile’s advertised Simple Choice rate plan prices as of 11/18/15 for 2GB, 6GB and 10GB; and AT&T’s advertised shared data rate plans as of 11/18/15 for 300MB, 2GB, 5GB, 15GB, 20GB and 25GB. Plans exclude unlimited music and video streaming, data carryover and cloud options that other carrier plans may offer. Offer/coverage not available everywhere or for discounted phones. Subject to new-line, $36 activation fee, credit, valid port-in. Customer must choose from same porting carrier rate card.
2Speed claim based on LTE download speed analysis using Nielsen NMP data for top 4 carriers in 44 markets between August to October 2015. Actual download speeds may vary by location and device capability.
3One year of free service includes either the $15 1GB plan or $10 Family Share Pack access. Must remain in good standing and have one active phone line of service. Free tablet is the Alcatel ONETOUCH PIXI™ 7. Limited supply.
4RootMetrics award rankings based on RootMetrics Metro RootScore Reports (July – December 2014 and July – October 2015) for mobile performance, as tested on best available plans and devices on four mobile networks across all available network types. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of Sprint. Your result may vary. See rootmetrics.com for details.
5 To qualify, call us to deactivate & return to place of purchase w/ complete, undamaged phone/device & receipt within 28 days of activation. You pay for actual usage charges (monthly svc charges, taxes, Sprint surcharges, etc.). We’ll refund your phone/device cost. Activation fee will be refunded if returned within 3 days of activation. Sprint dealer may impose add’l fees.
6Requires valid port-in, submission of previous bill, current phone turn in and online registration. Via American Express Reward Card.
For full downloadable version,click here
Kristin Wallace, 404-649-8222