Andrew Edison, senior vice president of sales, EMEA region at Level 3 Communications (NYSE:LVLT, news, filings) is sharing insights at the Gartner Symposium ITXPO in Barcelona. His presentation, entitled ‘Many clouds, one platform: Realising the vision of cloud-based transformation,’ will explore how digital transformation can be achieved only by leveraging a network that offers the speed and capacity to carry all the required content and data.
Andrew Edison will outline:
- The importance of simplicity in connecting to the hybrid cloud (sharing information between public and private cloud services)
- Security amidst DDOS and other cyber-attacks
- The ability to have control in optimising performance and adapting to fluctuating levels of traffic on the network
- The importance of keeping the network at the core of an adaptive business solution and how this leads to successful digital transformation within the modern enterprise
- Who? Andrew Edison, senior vice president of sales, EMEA region at Level 3 Communications
- When? 18:30-18:50 - Monday 9th November 2015
- Where? Theater D; Gartner Symposium ITXPO, Centre Convencions Internacional, Barcelona, Spain
- Level 3 offers solutions that are adaptive and keep the network at its core, with all the advantages of scale, resilience, DDOS services, network control through software and dynamic application performance.
- The Level 3 network carries 40 billion transmissions a day and the company uses its expansive view of the internet traffic to monitor for malicious threats.
- All the major cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, are connected to the Level 3 network and it is the most peered network in the world
- Level 3 collaborates with Cisco to help solve security within the cloud and the transportation to it.
- As part of its network services, Level 3 operates more than 350 carrier-neutral data centres throughout North America, Latin America and Europe.
Andrew Edison, senior vice president of Sales, EMEA Region at Level 3 Communications
“Adaptive business solutions with the network at their core allow a company to grow, be more efficient and stay secure. In today’s business environment where expectations on CIOs are increasing exponentially this can be crucial for responding to business demands appropriately. Investing in IT through initiatives in cloud, mobility, social applications and big data analytics will enable CIOs to drive forward digital transformations and address their challenges around growth, efficiency and security.”