AgileSERVER 2.0 extends bare-metal leadership with latest generation high-performing hardware, enhanced networking and hybrid capabilities and powerful infrastructure management tools
ATLANTA, Oct. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Internap Corporation (INAP), a provider of high-performance Internet infrastructure services, today announced the general availability of the next generation of its bare-metal Infrastructure-as-a-Service offering, AgileSERVER 2.0. A high-performance IaaS option, AgileSERVER 2.0 features significant hardware, networking and management advancements designed to meet the needs of enterprises and devops teams deploying mission-critical applications and big-data workloads on OpenStack.
Trends such as big data growth, the increase in rich media and the app economy are driving the need for high-performance infrastructure across nearly every major industry. Organizations are increasingly encountering performance limitations and spiraling costs with commodity public cloud platforms, particularly as they scale out their application environments. Since 2012, companies with performance-reliant workloads – such as eXelate, Taptica, Distil Networks, CrowdStar and more – have been turning to Internap's automated bare-metal service, AgileSERVER, to build global, scale-out application environments. AgileSERVER combines the dedicated processing power of bare metal with the agility of the cloud, allowing companies to achieve peak performance and scalability for mission critical workloads.
Key features of AgileSERVER 2.0:
- Latest generation high-performing hardware – AgileSERVER 2.0 features the newest Intel-based single, dual and quad socket processors, and a wide range of memory options up to 1TB RAM to meet companies' performance needs. Customers can choose from SATA, SAS or SSD storage. For data-intensive applications demanding the highest levels of performance, Internap now offers PCI Express Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Storage, allowing customers to scale to 1M IOPS and deliver up to 10x the performance of today's fastest-available SSDs.
- Enhanced networking – Internap now offers 10 VLANs per customer to enable enhanced security and design flexibility for application architectures. Internap is also increasing the Universal Transfer allotment to 10 TB per server of its route-optimized Performance IP™ connectivity service, resulting in lower latency and accelerated application performance. Other performance networking capabilities include IPMI for greater control and ease of management for high availability environments, and NIC bonding for increased network redundancy and throughput.
- Seamless hybridization – Customers can hybridize AgileSERVER with Internap's OpenStack-based AgileCLOUD virtual cloud instances, as well as colocation, managed hosting or on-premise infrastructure to best match application needs. Customers can quickly move workloads between virtual and dedicated infrastructure without time-consuming networking configurations or tasks. AgileSERVER 2.0 will also take full advantage of OpenStack's Kilo release and corresponding federated identity enhancements in 2015, further broadening hybrid and multi-cloud use case opportunities.
- Infrastructure management tools with granular control options – AgileSERVER 2.0 is built on the native OpenStack API, allowing customers to access the entire OpenStack ecosystem of tools and avoid vendor lock in. Customers can also take advantage of OpenStack Glance image management functionality and Heat orchestration and auto-scaling capabilities via an integrated Horizon OpenStack management dashboard. Customers can use Glance to quickly import disk images from other service providers onto AgileSERVER and move disk images from AgileSERVER to other bare-metal or virtualized environments. Businesses with a DevOps orientation can use Heat orchestration to automate provisioning based on pre-defined architectures and define additional rules for provisioning and terminating instances based on criteria such as CPU load or bandwidth traffic changes.
- Per-second billing – In addition to existing hourly and monthly configurations, organizations that need micro-bursts of high-performing infrastructure for specific tasks, such as media rendering, now also have the option of paying on a per-second basis, more precisely aligning costs with capacity demand.
AgileSERVER 2.0 availability
AgileSERVER 2.0 is available immediately out of Internap's New York metro area data center in Secaucus, New Jersey. Internap expects to roll out AgileSERVER 2.0 to its Dallas, Santa Clara and Amsterdam facilities by the end of the year and expand to additional international locations, including Montreal and Singapore, in the first half of 2016.
Executive, Customer and Analyst Comments
- "High-performance applications are no longer limited to specialized industries. As more organizations develop and deploy cloud-native applications that are mission-critical for their business, the limits of commodity cloud services are being tested, and the need for fast, reliable and elastic infrastructure is becoming more pervasive. AgileSERVER 2.0 is a next-generation cloud platform specifically designed for organizations looking to build and scale a software-defined business."
- Satish Hemachandran, senior vice president and general manager, cloud and hosting, Internap
- "We require high-throughput, low-latency infrastructure to run our real-time data analytics platform that allows marketers to engage customers with personalized messages. Traditional public cloud instances were just not capable of reliably processing and delivering between six to seven billion events per day at a reasonable cost. Since 2013, our global AgileSERVER environment has elevated the performance of our solution, allowing us to deliver critical information to our customers significantly faster. We're excited about the performance advancements and flexibility advantages of OpenStack integration in AgileSERVER 2.0 to further optimize our environment."
- Brent Keator, vice president of infrastructure, eXelate, a Nielsen company
- "As more companies look to host applications with high-performance requirements, bare-metal IaaS that can be provisioned on demand becomes an important complement to public clouds. Bare-metal increases flexibility for enterprises and DevOps teams, adding a strategic application venue within the existing ecosystem of public and private clouds."
- Al Sadowski, research director, service providers, 451 Research
- Blog Post – AgileSERVER: Introducing bare-metal IaaS on OpenStack:http://www.internap.com/2015/10/26/agileserver-introducing-bare-metal-iaas-on-openstack
- Video – Provision bare-metal IaaS on OpenStack: http://www.internap.com/resources/provision-bare-metal-on-openstack/
- Data Sheet – AgileSERVER: http://www.internap.com/resources/agileserver/
- Blog Post – Non-Volatile Memory Available on AgileSERVER:http://www.internap.com/2015/10/05/non-volatile-memory-available-on-agileserver/
Internap is the high-performance Internet infrastructure provider that powers the applications shaping the way we live, work and play. Our hybrid infrastructure delivers performance without compromise – blending virtual and bare-metal cloud, hosting and colocation services across a global network of data centers, optimized from the application to the end user and backed by rock-solid customer support and a 100% uptime guarantee. Since 1996, the most innovative companies have relied on Internap to make their applications faster and more scalable. For more information, visit www.internap.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include statements related to the characteristics and performance of our services and the benefits that our customers may receive from them and the expected timeline for the availability of new products. Because such statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include the actual performance of our services; our ability to meet our expected timelines for the availability of our new products; the reaction and behavior of customers and the market to our services; our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; the availability of services from Internet network service providers or network service providers providing network access loops and local loops on favorable terms, or at all; failure of third party suppliers to deliver their products and services on favorable terms, or at all; failures in or intrusions into our network operations centers, data centers, network access points or computer systems; our ability to provide or improve Internet infrastructure services to our customers; and our ability to protect our intellectual property, as well as other factors discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these risks and uncertainties, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify any forward-looking statement for any reason.
Davies Murphy Group, Inc.