New architecture brings together latest networking innovations to power and secure today’s cloud-enabled enterprise, all through a single point of management
SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Juniper Networks (JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today introduced Juniper Networks® Unite, a new reference architecture that provides simplified and secure network infrastructure solutions required to modernize enterprise campus and branch networks into cloud-enabled service platforms. Based on Juniper’s latest networking software, systems and cloud services, Juniper Unite will deliver an agile and secure network architecture for enterprises looking to quickly deploy cloud applications and services through a single, easy-to-manage network management platform.
Everything is moving to the cloud. From public to private and hybrid, enterprises are making cloud their default operating model for applications and services. This makes enterprise campus networks even more critical as an on-ramp to cloud-based applications. “Network infrastructure must be able to support emerging highly virtualized, intelligent, application-aware enterprise and cloud-based communications requirements. The multifaceted demands that new infrastructure and application strategies place on the network cannot be overstated,” said Danellie Young, research director and Bjarne Munch, principal research analyst at Gartner, Inc1.
The Juniper Unite architecture provides the building blocks required to modernize enterprise network infrastructure and support new deployment and management paradigms, enabling customers to experience the same automation and scale as in MetaFabric™-enabled data center and cloud environments. With Juniper Unite, customers can dynamically automate their network resources to meet their growing business needs and support today’s operations while preparing for the future.
Comprised of enterprise switching, security, and routing products and software technologies, as well as third-party solutions through the Open Convergence Framework (OCF), Juniper Networks Unite provides a simplified, automated and secure architecture to build and manage the cloud-enabled enterprise. The latest technology innovations in the architecture include Junos® Fusion Enterprise, enhancements to Junos® Space Network Director as well as advancements to the Juniper Networks EX9200 line of programmable Ethernet switches.
Juniper also introduced today its latest security solutions as part of Juniper Networks Unite, including Juniper Networks® Sky Advanced Threat Prevention, new Juniper Networks® SRX Series Services Gateways and significant modernization of Junos® Space Security Director. These security solutions will offer customers the scale and automation required to defend against any threat across enterprise networks.
- Junos Fusion Enterprise, the Industry’s Only Software-Enabled Switching Architecture, Delivers Single Point Network Configuration and Management: A new open architecture, based on the 802.1BR industry standard, that when combined with EX Series Ethernet switches, will enable the configuration and management of the entire distributed enterprise network as a single network entity. Junos Fusion Enterprise will allow customers to collapse multiple network layers, including an on-premises data center, into one simple, smart and flexible cloud-enabled enterprise network.
- Junos Space Network Director Centralizes Network Control and Automation: With additions to Network Director, customers will be able to seamlessly manage one or more Junos Fusion Enterprise fabric groups, including full life cycle management, for simplified network control and automation across the distributed enterprise.
- EX9200 Programmable Ethernet Switch Enhancements Increase Network Performance:The EX9200 is the core aggregation device for Junos Fusion Enterprise, making it central to any simplified enterprise deployment. New modular line cards will provide customers with expanded deployment options including 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) connectivity.
- Open Convergence Framework Provides Unmatched Customer Choice: The Juniper Networks Open Convergence Framework integrates best of breed technology for wireless local area network, unified communications, and security, providing enterprise customers with proven, reliable solutions based on their infrastructure requirements. Juniper provides integrated offerings with leading wireless vendors including Aerohive Networks, Aruba Networks and Ruckus Wireless.
The Juniper Networks Professional Services team will provide network assessment, design, deployment, and education services to help enterprise customers evolve their network architectures to meet cloud-based application and services requirements.
“As pioneers in the medical industry and with over 90 locations worldwide, Varian needs a network that is reliable, easy-to-manage and can keep pace with our ever-changing IT requirements. Juniper Networks’ EX Series Ethernet Switches already provide us with simple and secure access to our mission-critical applications, making the potential of Junos Fusion Enterprise evident to help further streamline control of our network across our global locations.”
- Emmanuel Sabino, senior network engineering manager, Varian Medical
“Our customers are in various stages of transforming their networks to build a cloud-enabled enterprise. Juniper Networks has the solutions to help customers successfully make the transition to a secure, agile, automated enterprise IT environment that is based on open standards.”
- George Miller, vice president of sales, Integration Partners
"IDC research shows that growing numbers of mobile devices and business applications are driving the network's importance to all aspects of the business and will spur significant investments and innovations in network infrastructure in both the datacenter and the enterprise. With the introduction of Juniper Networks Unite and its Junos Fusion Enterprise switching architecture, Juniper is showing a recognition of the need to enable today's enterprise to achieve cloud-level scale, automation, agility, and end-to-end visibility."
- Nolan Greene, research analyst, Network Infrastructure, IDC
“Amid increasingly connected business environments, Juniper understands our enterprise customers’ complex challenges across the network. The introduction of our Juniper Networks Unite architecture gives our customers the building blocks required to modernize their enterprise campus and branch environments with simple, automated and secure solutions that can harness the power of the cloud - transforming IT from a business necessity into a powerful business asset.”
- Jonathan Davidson, executive vice president and general manager, Juniper Development and Innovation, Juniper Networks
1 Source: Gartner, Inc. “IT Market Clock for Enterprise Networking, 2015,” (September 15, 2015) by Danellie Young and Bjarne Munch
- Datasheet: Junos Fusion Enterprise
- Blog: Juniper Unite: What is “cloud-enabled enterprise” to Juniper? by Jonathan Davidson, executive vice president and general manager, Juniper Development and Innovation
- Blog: Juniper Unite: In It, There’s Strength by Matt Hurley, corporate vice president partner and field marketing, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. Juniper Networks’ innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of assumptions, uncertainties and risks including, among other things, statements concerning Juniper Networks' prospects, product availability and performance, including the ability of products to integrate with other technologies and offerings from other vendors, future products, anticipated product and overall company performance, potential cost savings, benefits to customers and industry trends. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, incompatibility of technologies, the company's failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks’ most recent report on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks’ general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.
Darlene Gannon, 1-408-936-8472