Cisco Infinite™ Cloud Video Entertainment Solutions Will Help Service Providers including Kabel Deutschland and Eastlink Accelerate Revenue, Improve Agility and Increase Customer Satisfaction
SEPTEMBER 11, 2015
AMSTERDAM, September 11, 2015, IBC 2015 – Cisco is today unveiling its new 'Infinite’ suite of cloud-powered video solutions. This new suite will help service providers, broadcasters and media companies deliver outstanding TV experiences to multiple screens, utilizing one cloud, on any access network, within the home and on the go.
Cisco is today introducing two members of the Infinite family. Both deliver full-featured linear, on-demand and time-shift TV video experiences video experiences:
- Infinite Home: to any screen over two-way cable and telco networks.
- Infinite Video: to a variety of consumer electronics devices via unmanaged ‘over-the-top’ (OTT) Internet connections.
Utilizing Cisco’s cloud and virtualization technologies, Cisco Infinite solutions transform how video works, enabling service providers to cut the time to test, trial and roll-out new services and service updates, and to improve subscribers’ experiences, , thereby increasing competitiveness and reducing costs. Highlights include:
- Just 90 days to launch a new video service, leveraging our As-A-Service deployment model and scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Minutes instead of months to activate service enhancements, by moving functionality from device to cloud, where our powerful orchestration software automates and simplifies configuration and activation.
- Weekly or more frequent software updates and feature enhancements: Cisco partners with Infinite Solutions customers to give them access to a continuous delivery pipeline of new software features available for rapid trial and deployment. This means Infinite Solutions customers can get new features to market faster than ever before.
Infinite solutions are pre-integrated to minimize time to deploy, and use open-source components and offer open APIs to enable faster integration and customization.
Whether operators choose to deploy Infinite Video or Infinite Home, private cloud or public cloud, they can easily evolve and migrate in the Infinite family because all Infinite solutions are based on the same software, APIs and management.
- Colin Dixon, digital media analyst and strategic consultant, nScreen Media
“Getting video services to market quickly and keeping them competitive is crucial to video operators in today’s web-speed marketplace. Cisco's Infinite cloud and virtualization solutions suite is exactly the type of technological approach capable of delivering against this need for speed. And that agility will have huge implications for operator competitive position.”
- Florian Landgraf, senior vice president, Product Development, Kabel Deutschland
“As we announced in January, Kabel Deutschland is developing a next-generation video service based on a new cloud-powered TV platform. The platform moves control and functionality into the cloud, making it quick and easy for Kabel Deutschland to rapidly update features and offer new services. Kabel Deutschland is working with Cisco on this new platform, which uses Cisco’s Infinite Home solution.”
- Jim Fitzgerald, senior vice president, Engineering and CTO, Eastlink
“We plan to trial Infinite Video next quarter to deliver next-gen personalized video to multiple screens. We need a solution that combines a great user experience and comprehensive video services with fast time-to-market and continuous improvement that only the cloud can deliver. Cisco’s Infinite Video promises these characteristics plus the operational readiness, scale and flexibility we expect from Cisco, and we are looking forward to seeing the product in action.”
- Yvette Kanouff, senior vice president and general manager, Service Provider Video Software and Solutions, Cisco
“The video businesses is changing and consolidating fast. Our customers tell us they need video infrastructure that delivers the most compelling customer experiences to multiple screens, across a dynamic mixture of networks and devices. The result is Cisco Infinite Solutions. No other company has the leadership in cloud and orchestration, the network expertise and the video product scope to deliver anything like this.”
- Cisco Infinite Solutions
- Cisco Infinite Video Solution
- Cisco Infinite Home Solution
- Blog: Trust Me: Cisco Hearts Video: http://blogs.cisco.com/news/trust-me-cisco-hearts-video
- Blog: Cloud Is Transforming TV: Cisco is Transforming Cloud TV Delivery: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp/cloud-is-transforming-tv-cisco-is-transforming-cloud-tv-delivery
- Follow Cisco news and activities at IBC on Twitter via #CiscoIBC, #IBC15 and @CiscoSPVideo
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
Additional Cisco News Issued at IBC Today:
- Sky and Cisco Extend Strategic Alliance in Client and Cloud Software: http://newsroom.cisco.com/press-release-content?type=webcontent&articleId=1716974
- IBC 2015: Cisco to Help Broadcasters Bring New Services to Market Faster and at Lower Cost with New Virtualized ‘Main Screen’ Video Software Suite: http://newsroom.cisco.com/press-release-content?type=webcontent&articleId=1717044
Cisco, cloud, video, cloud video, cDVR, cloud DVR, Infinite, Eastlink, John Fitzgerald, Florian Landgraf, Kabel Deutschland, OTT, service providers, media companies, entertainment companies, Yvette Kanouff
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go tohttp://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.