- Pioneer project combines two nationwide networks with live traffic over multiple technologies and frequencies
- Customers in Denmark now enjoy a better quality of services, network connectivity and coverage
Copenhagen, Denmark – 12 August 2015
TT-Network (TTN), the joint venture between TeliaSonera and Telenor, has completed the final phase of its groundbreaking Single RAN network sharing project, for which Nokia Networks was the sole radio and services provider. This is the first time ever that a network across GSM, 3G and LTE has been supplied to two operators sharing the network and frequencies. It has led to improved coverage and capacity along with an excellent mobile broadband experience.
TTN’s process for creating a common infrastructure in Denmark started in 2012 with the merger of Telia’s and Telenor’s LTE networks, followed by 3G. Now the company has finalized the consolidation of the GSM portion.
To combine the two live-traffic nationwide networks, the operation – carried out across multiple technologies and frequencies in a multi-vendor core network environment – was planned in minute detail and performed so that there was no disruption to subscribers.
Summary of the solutions and services delivered by Nokia Networks:
- Global Services expertise, including network operations, implementation and care services, made the smooth execution possible
- Nokia Networks implemented its Single RAN Advanced platform, built around the compact, high-capacity Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station to run all technologies concurrently
- The company’s cloud-ready NetAct network management system ensures consoliated and effective monitoring, management and optimization of the shared network
Johan Wickman, CEO at TT-Network, said: “So far, no other operator has accomplished a multiradio sharing initiative of such a broad scope. In Nokia Networks, we have a trusted partner with global experience in shared networks that helped us achieve our aim of delivering high-quality services in Denmark.”
Louise Suhr, head of TTN customer team at Nokia Networks, said: “Our unique solution and ability to manage complex network sharing projects allowed TTN to create Denmark’s best mobile network more rapidly and more efficiently than either partner could have done on its own. The company now provides markedly improved mobile broadband services.”
Did you know?
Nokia Networks has been at the forefront of network sharing by supplying the first commercial as well as the largest actively shared network worldwide. It is a preferred partner for most of the commercially shared networks existing today, building on more than 10 years of experience in implementing and managing these.
- Website: Network Sharing
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: Network sharing, TT-Network, TTN Denmark,
By focusing on the human possibilities of technology, Nokia embraces the connected world to help people thrive. Our three businesses are leaders in their fields. Nokia Networks provides broadband infrastructure software and services, HERE provides mapping, navigation and location intelligence, and Nokia Technologies provides advanced technology development and licensing. www.nokia.com
Nokia Networks, which provides broadband infrastructure, software and services, operates at the forefront of our industry. From the first ever call on GSM to the first call on LTE, we have set the pace of innovation, a record that continues with future technologies such as 5G. Together with our operator customers, who serve close to 5 billion subscribers, we are embracing the opportunity of the connected world and helping to solve its challenges. http://networks.nokia.com/
Phone : +49 162 283 6967
Phone: +358 7140 02869
- See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/tt-network-and-nokia-networks-complete-world-s-first-shared-gsm-3g-and-lte-radio-network#sthash.Vq6RRWZ0.dpuf