TOKYO, Japan — August 3, 2015 — NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the ICT solutions and international communications business within NTT (NYSE:NTT, news, filings), announced today the establishment of its IoT Office on August 1 to provide customers with secure IoT solutions that leverage the company’s global network, cloud and datacenters. The IoT Office, by effectively leveraging IoT, expects to help customers raise their profitability and expand their businesses.
Solutions developed by the IoT Office will enable enterprises to utilize NTT Com’s secure global IoT environment more easily than ever before. In addition, the office will steadily add to its capabilities by collaborating with the providers of devices and application platforms.
Advantages of NTT Com’s IoT solutions
- NTT Com will provide one-stop application platforms that store, visualize and analyze data collected from IoT devices.
- NTT Com will provide a secure, global and highly affordable network connected directly with the cloud and data centers.
- Users can choose where to store their data among some 130 datacenters worldwide, including cloud bases, and deal with laws, such as the EU Data Protection Directive, in the preferred locale.
- Mega-data connection to remote datacenters enables customers to easily leverage massive data collected through NTT Com’s IoT solutions.
Examples of IoT Solutions from NTT Com
1. NTT Com and Obayashi Corporation launched a research project in April 2015 to verify a construction-site safety system that monitors and analyzes body data gathered with wearable sensors embedded in workers’ uninforms.
2. NTT Com, in collaboration with ITOCHU Corporation and NTT Facilities, installed a smart streetlight network at a large industrial complex in Indonesia. LED streetlights are connected to a mobile network and power line monitoring system to allow an NTT Com datacenter to precisely control lighting as required at dusk, night and dawn, thereby helping to cut power consumption.
3. In August 2015, NTT Com and Kanazawa Nishi Hospital in Japan launched a field trial of a cloud service that monitors elderly people living alone based on their daily use of electric appliances. IoT sensors connected to the home’s electrical circuitry collect and send the information to family/friends via a smartphone app.
4. NTT Com and the Virtual Engineering Community, a volunteer organization, have implemented a research project to verify technological ways to improve efficiency and productivity at industrial sites, such as network devices that adapt to the frequency, speed and volume of communication between a physical site and the cloud. The aim is to realize environments that raise the productivity and efficiency of facility maintenance while ensuring cyber security.
5. NTT Con is actively promoting the Web of Things (WoT), an IoT concept for a World Wide Web of real things. The company’s initiatives include the public release of sample code and contributing to the development of IoT standards as a key member of the World Wide Web consortium (W3C).
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including the leading global tier-1 IP network, the Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching 196 countries/regions, and 130 secure data centers worldwide. NTT Communications’ solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA.
www.ntt.com | Twitter@NTT Com | Facebook@NTT Com | LinkedIn@NTT Com
Tel: +81 3 6700 4010