Leading Managed Communications Provider Utilizes Sonus’ SBC 7000 for Lync and Skype for Business Enterprise Services
For Immediate Release: July 1, 2015
- One Source Networks (OSN) is leveraging Sonus’ SBC 7000 Session Border Controller (SBC) for its Cloud Lync Enterprise offering—a dedicated and fully managed solution that is now available on a global scale.
- The Sonus SBC 7000, with the capability to license up to 150,000 sessions, is the highest-capacity Lync 2013 qualified e-SBC solution on the market.
- Sonus delivers products and solutions that securely enable Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business Voice deployments and is a Microsoft Gold Communications Partner.
WESTFORD, Mass.—Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, announced today that One Source Networks (OSN), the global Unified Communications (UC) and managed cloud services partner of choice for large enterprises, is utilizing the Sonus SBC 7000 Session Border Controller (SBC) for its global Cloud Lync Enterprise offering. Additionally, the SBC 7000 provides the necessary flexibility and scale to power OSN’s Lync Trunking product.
OSN’s Cloud Lync Enterprise – Skype for Business is a fully dedicated, cloud-based solution that provides all the feature functionality, privacy and customization of an on-premises Lync solution, delivered as a service. OSN’s Lync Trunking offering is one of a handful in the world that has passed advanced Microsoft Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) testing, providing a single and secure Lync-certified Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking connection over which a range of communications services can be seamlessly delivered, from voice to chat to video. To take advantage of the full capabilities of Lync, it is critical for enterprises to ensure that the service provider’s services and devices are Microsoft certified.
The Lync-qualified SBC 7000 brings high scalability—up to 150,000 sessions—with fully enabled media and transcoding features into OSN’s Microsoft Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) environments. Delivering capacity without compromise, the SBC 7000 also offers OSN advanced functionality to support emerging services, such as high definition (HD) voice and video, and will effectively address the unprecedented traffic demands these services will place on networks at access and interconnect borders.
The SBC 7000 is purpose-built with industry-leading performance and scale that delivers increased operational efficiency to help service providers and enterprises securely and efficiently handle the massive amount of audio, video, and collaboration traffic crossing their networks.
With the evolution of Microsoft Lync to Skype for Business, Sonus will continue to collaborate with Microsoft on interoperability testing to enable and secure real-time communications in Skype for Business deployments. Sonus will also continue to work with OSN and provide the same no-compromise support that it has delivered for Microsoft Lync with Skype for Business in future engagements.
“The SBC 7000 offers service providers and enterprises a dedicated platform to enable seamless and secure real-time communications,” said David Tipping, vice president and general manager, Products, Sonus. “It gives Sonus great pride to have OSN trust the SBC 7000 to deliver highly scalable, advanced multimedia capabilities with support for voice, video and collaboration to its Cloud Lync Enterprise and Lync Trunking customers.”
"We are pleased to have the opportunity to once again lead the industry in the deployment of Sonus Session Border Controllers,” stated Gina Nomellini, chief marketing officer, One Source Networks. “For our global enterprise customers, the ability to communicate and collaborate flexibly and cost-effectively across geographies is critical. The inclusion of Sonus SBC 7000 Session Border Controllers in our network provides increased scalability for our new Microsoft Lync UCaaS solutions and allows us to innovate our product set to meet our customers’ changing requirements.”
- OSN announced its Microsoft Lync 2013 certification for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking (Lync Trunking) in 2014, becoming one of only a handful of providers worldwide to have this qualification.
- OSN was the first service provider certified on the Sonus SBC 5210 to offer TLS and SRTP for Microsoft Lync 2013 worldwide.
- Sonus was named a 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Lync Pioneer Award winner.
- OSN was named a 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award winner in 2014 for Lync Trunking.
- All Sonus SBCs are Lync 2013 Qualified—inclusive of the Sonus SBC 1000, Sonus SBC 2000, Sonus SBC 5110, Sonus SBC 5210, SBC 7000 and Sonus SBC SWe (Software edition).
- For more on OSN’s Cloud Lync Enterprise – Skype for Business offering, click here.
- Click here to download Sonus’ reference guide Session Border Controllers For Dummies.
- For more information about the SBC 7000, click here.
- To download the SBC 7000 Miercom Performance Verified report, click here.
Sonus, SONS, Session Border Controller, SBC, Sonus SBC 7000, One Source Networks, OSN, Microsoft Lync 2013, Skype for Business
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission-critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net, or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
About One Source Networks:
One Source Networks is a leading provider of innovative managed communications solutions for the Fortune 1000. Delivering ubiquitous access to cloud-based Unified Communications and managed network services, the company offers customizable, cost-effective and scalable solutions delivered on its fully redundant global network. The OSN difference is simplicity, cost reduction and a customer service focus that delivers all solutions under one contract, one team and one invoice. One Source Networks is a four-time winner of the Inc. 500 | 5000 award, which highlights America’s fastest-growing private companies.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
For More Information:
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
Elizabeth Doten, +1-512-721-2595
One Source Networks
- See more at: http://www.sonus.net/en/resources/press-releases/one-source-networks-deploys-sonus-solution-to-enable-real-time-0#sthash.Wr1yZ1wD.dpuf