- Enables Ukraine’s largest mobile operator to swiftly roll out 3G for a better customer experience
- Wins Kyivstar as a new customer
- Five-year deal includes macro and small cell radio technologies as well as services expertise
Kiev, Ukraine – 22 July 2015
Kyivstar, Ukraine’s largest telco and part of international telecommunications group of companies VimpelCom Ltd., selected Nokia Networks to modernize and expand part of its mobile radio network. Based on the compact Nokia Single RAN Advanced solution, the operator can modernize its 2G network and deploy its 3G network, while simultaneously preparing for 4G.
Kyivstar recently acquired a 3G license and has now begun to offer 3G-based voice and data services to its customers. People in the central Ukrainian town of Poltava, for example, are already enjoying higher network coverage and capacity provided by the new equipment.
Summary of the products and services delivered by Nokia Networks:
- Single RAN Advanced platform based on the scalable, high-capacity and zero-footprint Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station for 2G, 3G and future 4G technologies and including Multicontroller for 2G and 3G
- Flexi Lite Base Stations optimized for outdoor micro-cell deployments to enhance capacity and provide best coverage in hotspots
- Cloud-ready management system NetAct for effective and consolidated monitoring and optimization
- Network planning and optimization, design and implementation services to ensure high network quality and a smooth rollout
Alessandro Anania, 3G office, Kyivstar, said: “With the rollout of our new 3G network, Ukrainian subscribers will be able to enjoy high-quality voice and Internet services. Our goal is to provide the best network quality across the country.”
Pavel Mereshchuk, Head of Kyivstar Customer Team, Nokia Networks, said: “We are proud to have been chosen to support Kyivstar in its journey to create more efficient mobile networks, supported by our high-capacity macro and small cell radio technologies.”
Click here for a photo of Nokia Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station.
- Blog: People, Planet – and Profit?
- Web page: Single RAN Advanced
- Web page: Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: 2G, 3G, 4G, Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station, Flexi Lite, Kyivstar, Nokia, Nokia Networks, radio, small cells
Kyivstar is a Ukrainian telecom company providing communications and data services based on a broad range of mobile and fixed-line technologies, including 3G. Company’s customer base amounts to over 26 million in mobile and 827 thousand in broadband Internet. Kyivstar is a part of VimpelCom Ltd., Netherlands, one of the world’s largest integrated telecommunications companies with telecoms assets in CIS, Europe, Asia, Africa. Group’s shares are quoted on NASDAQ, New York. Kyivstar’s mobile network covers all of Ukrainian towns and cities, more than 28 thousand villages, all the key national and regional highways, most of the country’s coasts and shores. The Company’s fiber-optic network reaches 46 thousand kilometers in length, with capacity of its external channels exceeding 600 Gb/s. Kyivstar provides international roaming services in 195 countries across 5 continents.
Kyivstar has operated in Ukraine for over 17 years, and is the country’s largest taxpayer, as well as one of the nation’s best employers, and a socially responsible company. www.kyivstar.ua.
By focusing on the human possibilities of technology, Nokia embraces the connected world to help people thrive. Our three businesses are leaders in their fields: Nokia Networks provides broadband infrastructure, software and services; HERE provides mapping, navigation and location intelligence; and Nokia Technologies provides advanced technology development and licensing. www.nokia.com
Nokia Networks, which provides broadband infrastructure, software and services, operates at the forefront of our industry. From the first ever call on GSM to the first call on LTE, we have set the pace of innovation, a record that continues with future technologies such as 5G. Together with our operator customers, who serve close to 5 billion subscribers, we are embracing the opportunity of the connected world and helping to solve its challenges.http://networks.nokia.com/
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900
Media relations senior executive
– See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-networks-modernizes-expands-kyivstar-radio-network-in-the-ukraine#sthash.FICAEGpL.dpuf