- Combine 3.5 GHz and 2.6 GHz TD-LTE frequency bands
- Address global issue of bandwidth scarcity with better spectrum usage and higher data rates by adding unused LTE spectrum in the 3.5 GHz band
Shanghai, China – 14 July 2015
At Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2015, the world’s largest mobile operator, China Mobile, demonstrates 220 Mbps peak data transmission rates based on 3.5 GHz interband TD-LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation. The live demo is using the commercial Nokia Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station and a test device to run combined 3.5 GHz and 2.6 GHz TD-LTE frequency bands.
Operators benefit from higher throughput capacity while users enjoy better services:
- 3.5 GHz band is becoming increasingly popular with operators in Asia, the U.S. and other parts of the world, as it provides 400 MHz of unused LTE spectrum.
- In addition, subscribers will benefit from the better network performance achieved by traffic load balancing between different frequencies.
- Data transmission rates of 220 Mbps enable users to download a 5-minute video clip in only about 2 seconds.
Huang Yuhong, Vice President of China Mobile Research Institute, said: “The mobile 4G market is developing very fast in China. On the one hand, millions of users are able to enjoy the convenience brought to them by mobile broadband; on the other hand, we feel the necessity to increase spectrum resources to meet the needs of fast growing data traffic. The 3.5 GHz band is another important spectrum resource for 4G networks, which will be used in TD-LTE. This demo not only proves the commercial feasibility of the 3.5 GHz TD-LTE band, but also shows 3.5 GHz can be aggregated with current bands, enhancing 4G networks with more capacity.”
Aidy Zhang Qi, Vice President of TD-LTE, Nokia Networks, said: “We are ready to meet China Mobile’s needs as well as other operators’ requirements for more bandwidth and better network performance. Nokia Networks provides dedicated deployment services including software upgrade to quickly implement 3.5 GHz interband carrier aggregation.”
Did you know?
- 11 out of 54 commercially launched TD-LTE networks currently use the 3.5 GHz LTE TDD spectrum (GSA, SNAPSHOT: LTE TDD (TD-LTE) global status - List of 54 launched networks, April 13, 2015)
- As of July 2015, Nokia Networks has 50 commercial references on six continents in place for the delivery of TD-LTE radio technology
Click here to download a picture of the demo.
- Blog: Nokia Networks, China Mobile, Qualcomm Technologies triple TD-LTE throughput @MWC2015
- Video: Nokia 3.5 GHz TD-LTE-Advanced 8-pipe radio
- Video: Nokia Networks and China Mobile demonstrate TD-LTE-Advanced 3-carrier aggregation at MWC15
- Press release: Nokia Networks delivers the best quality in the fastest TD-LTE rollout for China Mobile
- Web page: TD-LTE portfolio
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: Carrier aggregation, Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station, interband, LTE, TD-LTE, TD-LTE-Advanced
By focusing on the human possibilities of technology, Nokia embraces the connected world to help people thrive. Our three businesses are leaders in their fields. Nokia Networks provides broadband infrastructure software and services, HERE provides mapping, navigation and location intelligence, and Nokia Technologies provides advanced technology development and licensing. www.nokia.com
Nokia Networks, which provides broadband infrastructure, software and services, operates at the forefront of our industry. From the first ever call on GSM to the first call on LTE, we have set the pace of innovation, a record that continues with future technologies such as 5G. Together with our operator customers, who serve close to 5 billion subscribers, we are embracing the opportunity of the connected world and helping to solve its challenges. http://networks.nokia.com/
Phone: +86 18600090506
Phone: +358 7140 02869
- See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-networks-china-mobile-double-data-speed-using-35-ghz-interband-td-lte-advanced-carri#sthash.3F5RfuwB.dpuf