Kandy’s advanced APIs enable Masergy business customers to offer WebRTC-based live customer engagement and support via a web browser
Frisco, TX, June 9, 2015 – GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions and recently named 2015 CNBC Disruptor 50, today announced that Masergy, a global leader in secure networking and cloud services, has deployed Kandy to significantly improve the online customer experience via its new Visual Automated Attendant (VAA) application. The VAA is an easy-to-use WebRTC-enabled application wizard that leverages Kandy’s market-leading embedded communications technology and advanced Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to allow customers to easily create custom menu structures to meet the specific needs of their business. The intuitive wizard auto-generates the necessary code, which can easily be embedded into the customers’ website.
Kandy is GENBAND’s market-leading cloud communications platform that allows anyone from developers to large enterprises to Fortune 500 companies to embed contextual real time communications capabilities directly into business applications in minutes. The VAA and Kandy enable Masergy business customers to develop simple, customized Web Real Time Communications (WebRTC)-based calling features, allowing their end user customers to place calls to the company’s representatives directly through their web browsers. The innovative new app wizard serves as an alternative to more costly traditional solutions such as toll-free calling and offers Masergy customers a fast time-to-market.
“This is a real breakthrough in online customer engagement,” said, Dean Manzoori, Vice President of Product Management at Masergy. “We leveraged Kandy to develop VAA, which allows our customers to easily develop and provision customized online call directories and offer the ability to connect to a live agent with the click of a mouse via WebRTC-enabled voice calls. This makes for a dramatically improved customer experience by providing instant access to experts that can resolve their issues and removes the need to get on the phone and sort through complicated IVR systems.”
The VAA provisioning system provides business customers with embedded auto-generated software code supporting a directory of contextual-based menu options for insertion into the customer’s website. Masergy’s customers use the provisioning system to define and configure the menu options, hierarchy, branding/color schemes and call destinations within their organization. GENBAND’s cloud-based WebRTC technology, a feature of the Kandy platform, manages and supports all incoming calls, providing a simplified operational and support model.
“Masergy continues to be a leader in bringing game-changing solutions to market – so we are pleased to support their new VAA app with Kandy,” said Paul Pluschkell, Executive Vice President of Strategy and Cloud Services for GENBAND and Kandy Founder. “Kandy’s real time communications capabilities can be used by virtually anyone to easily develop customized apps that are embedded directly into the company’s business processes.”
- Masergy’s new Visual Automated Attendant application leverages Kandy’s embedded real time communications capabilities and WebRTC technology to enable Masergy’s business customers to create customized menu options and offer live customer engagement and support via the web browser.
- The VAA and Kandy provide Masergy customers with embedded auto-generated software code supporting a directory of contextual-based menu options for insertion into the customer’s website.
- Kandy provides APIs, SDKs and Quick Starts for an entire portfolio of real time communications capabilities that are embedded into business applications.
- Check out The Kandy Channel for various videos featuring Kandy in action.
- Check out this Kandy Webinar for a detailed overview of the platform.
- View short Kandy demonstration videos including collaboration, concierge, multi-party video and creating a virtual business assistant to see the power of Kandy.
- Check out how Masergy is making WebRTC a commercial reality www.masergy.com/press-release/masergy-makes-webrtc-commercial-reality.
- Learn more about WebRTC market trends on the Masergy blog, WebRTC Gets Real for Enterprise Communications: www.masergy.com/blog/webrtc-gets-real-enterprise-communications.
Watch this short video to learn more about Kandy:
Watch this short video to learn more about the new KandyMobile, a state-of-the-art RV fully equipped with Kandy technology. The KandyMobile is on a North American tour to provide everyone from developers to C-level executives the opportunity to experience Kandy firsthand.
Masergy owns and operates the largest independent global cloud networking platform and delivers fully-managed hybrid networks to enterprises. Masergy also provides advanced managed security and cloud unified communication solutions. Our patented technology, customizable solutions and unmatched customer experience are why a growing number of global enterprises rely on Masergy to deliver performance beyond expectations. Learn more about Masergy and follow us on our blog Transforming Enterprise IT, Twitter @Masergy, LinkedIn and Facebook.
GENBAND’s Kandy communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is a real time software development platform built from GENBAND’s core communications, presence, security and real time technologies. Kandy enables service providers, enterprises, software vendors, systems integrators, partners and developers to enrich their applications and services with real time contextual communications, providing a more engaging user experience. With Kandy, companies of all sizes and types can quickly embed real time communications capabilities into their existing applications and business processes. For more information visit kandy.io.
GENBAND, a 2015 CNBC Disruptor 50, is a global leader in real time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. The company’s Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility and Embedded Communications solutions enable its customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND’s market-leading solutions, which are deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud, help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today’s consumers and businesses for real time communications wherever they happen to be. To learn more visit www.genband.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon and Kandy are trademarks of GENBAND.
GENBAND US PR
GENBAND International PR
- See more at: http://www.genband.com/media-center/press-releases/masergys-new-visual-automated-attendant-leverages-kandys-embedded#sthash.u8H0etjN.dpuf