Sonus Provides Service Providers and Enterprises with a Completely Virtualized Portfolio
New Software Update for Sonus’ Centralized Policy and Routing Engine Software Edition Makes Communications More Intelligent in the Cloud
For Immediate Release: May 4, 2015
- Sonus completes its multi-phase virtualization strategy with software editions of the Sonus Insight Element Management System (Insight EMS), Sonus DataStream Integrator (DSI) and Sonus NetScore.
- Sonus leverages a common, hardened code base across its hardware and software portfolios for communications networks, providing customers an easy migration path from today’s appliance based network to Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and the Cloud.
- Software update enables Sonus’ Centralized Policy and Routing Engine Software edition (PSX SWe) to be deployed on-demand in Cloud environments.
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, today announced the completion of its multi-phase virtualization strategy with the introduction of virtual editions of:
- Sonus Insight Element Management System (Insight EMS)
- Sonus DataStream Integrator (DSI)
- Sonus NetScore
With the completion of its strategy, Sonus now delivers a completely virtualized product portfolio to service providers and enterprises looking to virtualize their communication networks to help reduce the time, risk and expense of introducing new services within their networks. The portability and flexibility of these products make them the ideal choice when moving to virtualization technology. By using common management and code base, Sonus has provided a low cost path for existing customers as they evolve their networks to virtualization architecture. New customers will be able to quickly take advantage of the Sonus virtualized portfolio when deploying a hardware solution does not align with their strategy.
Architected to deliver increased flexibility with the same advanced features and functionality as hardware, the virtualized Sonus Insight EMS provides a robust portfolio of management and provisioning tools that, in conjunction with the virtualized Sonus DSI, allows service providers and enterprises to easily perform Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security (FCAPS) management of their network. The software edition of Sonus NetScore also features the same proactive analytic solutions that improves user experience and reduces operational costs – without compromise.
The software editions of the Sonus Insight EMS, DSI and NetScore join a family of virtualized products inclusive of Sonus’:
- Centralized Policy and Routing Engine Software edition (PSX SWe)
- Diameter Signaling Controller Software edition (DSC SWe)
- Session Border Controller Software edition (SBC SWe)
- Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) Services Solution
- Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) IQ
All of Sonus’ software offers work within Sonus IQ, an architectural platform dedicated to bringing intelligence and security to real-time communications, to enable customers to evolve to a communications network that leverages virtualization to provision voice, video and data services intelligently when and where they are needed.
Additionally, key software updates to Sonus’ PSX SWe enable it to be deployed on-demand in public or private Cloud environments, creating the ability to dynamically turn service up or down based on need at a particular time, without waiting for delayed roll-outs or site visits for installs.
“Companies are looking for ways to take advantage of virtualization technology so they can migrate their networks to the Cloud at their own pace,” said David Tipping, vice president and general manager, Products, Sonus. “Sonus has completed its strategy to virtualize the field-proven code base of its hardware platforms delivering a complete portfolio of robust, fully featured virtualized products. The completion of our multiphase virtualization strategy offers Sonus customers with an easy migration path of applications from today’s appliance based network to the Cloud.”
“By virtualizing Insight EMS, DSI and NetScore, Sonus now has a complete portfolio that enables service providers and enterprises to deploy new services in a faster, more flexible and cost effective fashion,” said Ronald Gruia, director of Emerging Telecoms, Frost & Sullivan. “In addition, Sonus customers will be able to leverage the operational efficiencies that come with virtualization, without compromising functionality, vis-à-vis the full hardware versions of the products. The advent of SDN, alongside the development of NFV solutions will usher a new era in which operators will achieve a faster time-to-market, and a more elastic scaling of their services, while also maintaining a lower OPEX.”
- To learn more about Sonus’ products click here.
- To learn more about Sonus’ Cloud and virtualization solutions for service providers click here.
- To learn more about Sonus’ Cloud and virtualization solutions for enterprises click here.
- The Sonus NaaS IQ was named a winner of the 2015 Excellence in SDN Award presented by INTERNET TELEPHONY.
- The Sonus SBC SWe was named a winner of the 2014 Cloud Computing Product of the Year Award presented by TMCnet.
- The Sonus PSX SWe was awarded with the 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award.
Sonus, SONS, virtualization, Cloud, Sonus Insight Element Management System, Insight EMS, DataStream Integrator, DSI, NetScore, Policy, PSX, Sonus IQ
Sonus brings intelligence and security to real-time communications. By helping the world embrace the next generation of cloud-based SIP and 4G/LTE solutions, Sonus enables and secures latency-sensitive, mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, instant messaging and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can give priority to real-time communications based on smart business rules while service providers can offer reliable, comprehensive and secure on-demand network services to their customers. With solutions deployed in more than 100 countries and nearly two decades of experience, Sonus offers a complete portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service capabilities, policy/routing servers and media and signaling gateways. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
For More Information:
Wendy Tullo, +1-978-614-8167
- See more at: http://www.sonus.net/en/resources/press-releases/sonus-provides-service-providers-and-enterprises-with-completely#sthash.o6waPuJm.dpuf