Elastically scalable Session Border Controller and network functions manager integrated on HP OpenNFV platform to enable NFV-based communications services from the service provider cloud
Frisco, TX, May 5, 2015 – GENBAND™ a leading provider of real time communications software solutions today announced that the company is collaborating with HP to demonstrate the power of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) for Communications Service Providers (CSPs) by integrating GENBAND’s elastically scalable, virtualized Session Border Controller (SBC) application and cloud-based Virtual Network Function (VNF) Manager on HP’s carrier-grade OpenNFV platform. The integration of GENBAND’s multiple applications on the HP OpenNFV platform offers CSPs enhanced access, interconnect and enterprise communications service offerings. The integrated solution will be on display at GENBAND’s Perspectives15 customer and partner summit, taking place May 17-21 at the JW Marriott Grand Lakes Orlando.
GENBAND’s market-leading SBC software supports full cloud-based approaches for independent scaling of signaling and media, and hybrid cloud and network configurations, and offers support for new business models. The VNF Manager enables the elastic scalability of GENBAND’s comprehensive portfolio of applications such as its SBC, Wireless Access Gateway and Intelligent Messaging solutions. It seamlessly interworks into the NFV virtualization and orchestration environments provided by HP Helion and other HP OpenNFV components to bring about the true power of NFV orchestration and automation.
GENBAND is one of the select members of the HP OpenNFV Program and joined as a Technology Partner last year. The HP OpenNFV Program is designed to help the telecommunications industry accelerate innovation and launch services faster, more efficiently and cost-effectively through virtualization of telecommunications core networks and network functions. The HP approach to NFV is built around adherence to openness and standards. A key benefit of this methodology is the ability to enable other ecosystem vendors to introduce new innovations on top of the HP OpenNFV platform. This allows telecommunications providers to choose different components from the vendors that best meet their needs.
“Combining GENBAND’s proven SBC and other applications with HP’s OpenNFV environment brings service providers high-value, pre-integrated solutions that will help accelerate the benefits of NFV,” said John McCready, Executive Vice President of Products and Corporate Development at GENBAND. “Our unique distributed architecture, scalable media plane processing capabilities, and elasticity approach goes far beyond what basic virtualization can achieve. By leveraging HP’s OpenNFV ecosystem and our distinct capabilities, we offer service providers the industry-leading scalability and deployment flexibility to optimize their network investment.”
“Service providers are increasingly looking to deploy dynamic orchestration layer technologies like virtualized, elastically scalable Session Border Controllers in an NFV environment,” said Werner Schaefer, Vice President, Network Functions Virtualization, HP. “Working with GENBAND as one of our Technology Partners allows us to combine best-in-class capabilities to introduce innovative new solutions through open, standards-based technology.”
- GENBAND and HP are demonstrating the power of NFV for CSPs using elastically scalable SBC and real time communications (RTC) applications on HP’s OpenNFV platform for cloud-based Unified Communications (UC), SIP Trunking, Rich Communications Services (RCS) and VoLTE service offerings.
- GENBAND’s virtualized and distributed SBC capabilities simplify the roll-out of NFV by offering differentiated support for cloud deployments such as independent scaling of signaling and media, elastic scalability, unique commercial models, and hybrid cloud and network configurations.
- GENBAND’s VNF Manager seamlessly interworks with HP’s OpenNFV ecosystem including orchestration with the NFV Director and Virtualization (HP Helion) infrastructures.
- GENBAND’s NFV portfolio spans its comprehensive RTC solutions set comprised of multiple, high-performance Virtual Network Functions or NFV applications, including Session Border Controllers, Intelligent Messaging, WebRTC Gateway, Wireless Access Gateway, Session Control and Applications Server solutions, and an intelligent cloud manager that provides seamless interworking into broader NFV infrastructures.
GENBAND is a global leader in real time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. The company’s Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility and Embedded Communications solutions enable its customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND’s market-leading solutions, which are deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud, help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today’s consumers and businesses for real time communications wherever they happen to be. To learn more visit www.genband.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.
+1 (972) 521-5921
+1 (646) 741-1974
– See more at: http://www.genband.com/media-center/press-releases/genband-showcases-virtualized-session-border-controller-hp-opennfv#sthash.ZOEXJeP2.dpuf