Newest members provide key components of multi-vendor NFV solutions being prepared for trial and/or commercial engagements
PETALUMA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Cyan (CYNI), a leading provider of SDN, NFV, and packet-optical solutions for network operators, today announced that it has added a number of new partners to Blue Orbit, its ecosystem of partners focused on delivering applications and infrastructure platforms for real-world multi-vendor SDN and NFV deployments.
“The ability to run virtual functions on high-performance servers and meet the requirements of production networks is extremely important in making NFV a mainstream technology,” said Joe Cumello, chief marketing officer, Cyan. “We are pleased to welcome these new members to the Blue Orbit Ecosystem. Together, we are working to further validate that SDN and NFV can meet the application, scale, and performance requirements that service providers demand.”
Blue Orbit’s new members are:
- ADI Engineering – ADI Engineering is a new breed of ODM that delivers next-generation solutions for emerging mega-trends including SDN, NFV, and IoT. By embracing emerging technical challenges and combining flexibility in the customer engagement with first-to-market access to new Intel-based products, ADI speeds network operators, service providers and OEMs to revenue with innovative solutions offering distinct advantages in performance, reliability, cost, openness, and functionality. ADI’s NFV-enabled network edge and CPE devices, including itsRCC-VE and RCC-DFF platforms, are pre-integrated and validated with Cyan’s Blue Planet platform, and are available for trials and full-scale deployments.
- Aria Networks – Aria Networks uses artificial intelligence (AI) to deliver capacity planning, optimization and orchestration that enable even the most complex networks to virtualize functionality. In the planning phase, predictive analytics enables investment in the right combination of infrastructure to deliver current and future growth driven by optimized business objectives. In live operation, real-time capacity orchestration gives providers the automation to problem-solve, optimize and improve. Uniquely, Aria Networks enables the seamless migration to SW controlled networks across multi-layer, multi-domain and multi-vendor technologies.
- Brocade – Built for consolidation, virtualization, and cloud computing, Brocade’s open, software-based networking solutions deliver the capabilities of a modern IT infrastructure that promotes user-centricity and self-service innovation. Brocade helps service providers leverage SDN, NFV, and Ethernet fabrics, paving the way for New IP networks that can tap into the unlimited possibilities of cloud, mobile, social computing and Big Data. Brocade offers a comprehensive suite of SDN and NFV solutions with the Brocade Vyatta vRouter, Vistapointe virtual Network Visibility and Analytics, Brocade Vyatta Controller and the newly acquired SteelApp virtual ADC and Connectem Virtual Core for Mobile offerings—helping organizations build fast, effective, and secure networks in environments where operational economics, agility and automation are paramount.
- GENBAND – GENBAND’s NFV solutions fully support the key elasticity, scalability and orchestration tenets for cloud and virtualized environments as specified by ETSI. GENBAND’s differentiated Virtual Network Functions (VNF) portfolio includes fully virtualized, high-performance communications signaling, control and media management solutions including Session Border Controllers, Applications Servers, WebRTC Gateway, Wireless Access Gateways, Intelligent Messaging and Session Routing solutions. An intelligent VNF Management framework and open APIs enable seamless interworking with other NFV and cloud infrastructure components.
- Intel – Intel provides unified ingredients and platform technologies that aim to deliver business value quickly for enterprise IT, help telco service providers reduce expenses to derive incremental revenue, and optimize the cost of scalable service delivery for private/public cloud environments. Intel is also dedicated to rapid data storage and retrieval solutions, Ethernet connectivity, and telecommunications that align with other ecosystem leaders to define open, standards-based solutions that form the building blocks of a secure, high-performance software-defined infrastructure.
- VMware – VMware vCloud® for NFV is an integrated network functions virtualization platform that enables communication service providers to deploy virtual network functions on vCloud APIs today, and deploy them into production on OpenStack in the future. The platform features VMware vSphere®, the industry-defining compute virtualization solution for the cloud; VMware NSX™, a full network virtualization platform; VMware Virtual SAN™, software-defined storage that reduces storage CapEx and OpEx; and VMware vRealize™ Operations™, an extensible cloud management solution which delivers purpose-built management packs to meet the unique requirements of CSPs. The platform also includes OpenStack compatibility through VMware Integrated OpenStack.
- Wind River - Wind River is a world leader in delivering software for the Internet of Things, with its technology found in nearly 2 billion devices. Wind River draws from decades of experience to deliver carrier-grade NFV infrastructure (NFVI) software solutions, such as Wind River Titanium Server, designed to meet the stringent uptime requirements of telecom environments. Titanium Server is part of Wind River’s portfolio of proven networking and communications technologies. Additionally, through Wind River’s Titanium Cloud ecosystem program, partners can validate and pre-integrate their hardware and software offerings with Titanium Server and deliver solutions ready for deployment in live NFV networks.
In June 2013, Blue Orbit was formed to demonstrate interoperability among SDN and NFV solutions from an array of partners to lessen the risk network operators would otherwise face and accelerate the delivery of production SDN and NFV use cases. Blue Orbit partners provide applicable solution elements to Cyan’s California-based Blue Orbit Lab. From this facility, Cyan, Blue Orbit partners and customers are able to test and demonstrate the deployability of SDN and NFV solutions.
Announced Blue Orbit members and the area of completed or planned integration include:
- VNFs: Brocade, Certes, Fortinet, GENBAND, Metaswitch Networks, PowerDNS
- Physical Network Elements: Accedian, RAD, Overture, Omnitron Systems, Telco Systems
- Virtual Infrastructure: ADI Engineering, Aria Networks, Arista, Boundary, Canonical, Intel, Mellanox, Pica8, Ryu, VMware, Wind River
“Scaling SDN and NFV deployments increasingly requires that network operators push virtualization to the network edge and even inside the customer premise. And the deployment benefits from edge virtualization are substantial: Increased feature velocity, reduced capital and operating expense, and the unlocking of new service-based revenue streams. ADI Engineering is pleased to collaborate with industry leaders including Cyan and Intel to deliver targeted, cost-optimized, immediately deployable NFV-enabled edge devices to network operators, service providers, and OEMs.”
– Steve Yates, CEO and Founder of ADI Engineering
“Being a member of the Blue Orbit ecosystem is important to Aria Networks as it reduces the risk of interoperability issues in SDN and NFV deployments for our customer. An active and proven ecosystem is essential in order to realize the full opportunity offered by SDN and NFV and to ensure that operators can manage the journey towards the self-organized/self-optimizing network.”
– Wolrad Claudy, CCO, Aria Networks
“Today’s organizations have increased the demands on their virtual environments and network infrastructures, requiring higher levels of performance, availability, and agility to realize the benefits of cloud, mobile, social and Big Data initiatives. Brocade and Cyan recently showed the power of high-performance NFV at Mobile World Congress along with additional Blue Orbit members Intel and Red Hat. These types of collaborations highlight the advantages of New IP in an open networking ecosystem to help service providers accelerate their pace of innovation.”
– Ashwin Krishnan, Senior Director of Product Management, Software Networking, Brocade
“Cyan is assembling an impressive group of Blue Orbit ecosystem partners focused on bringing to market the efficiencies promised by NFV and we are delighted to join them in helping to introduce real world solutions to service providers. GENBAND believes in close cooperation with ecosystems to bring high-performance and differentiated NFV solutions to market. Our advanced Virtual Network Functions (VNF) portfolio offers our ecosystem partners and service providers a number of advantages including fully supporting the elasticity and orchestration requirements for cloud and virtualized environments, which will enable service providers to effectively evolve their networks and reap the benefits of NFV.”
– Sanjay Bhatia, Senior Director of Marketing Strategy for GENBAND
“The pace of data center innovation is rapidly transforming the old ways of doing business for CSPs. Working with partners such as Cyan, we are leading a new era of cloud innovation in the Telco space. VMware and Cyan are helping our mutual customers harness the power of NFV and build cloud DNA into their operational model to accelerate service innovation.”
– David Wright, Vice President of Operations, Telco NFV group at VMware
“There is a growing need for validated end-to-end solutions that accelerate the deployment of telco-grade NFV infrastructure. Wind River provides the industry’s only commercial NFV infrastructure software platform that delivers the carrier-grade reliability required for telecom networks. Through our collaboration with orchestration leaders like Cyan, we’re helping service providers to benefit from proven, multi-vendor solutions.”
– Charlie Ashton, Senior Director of Business Development for Networking Solutions, Wind River
Cyan (CYNI) enables network transformation. The company’s network virtualization solutions deliver orchestration, agility, and scale to networks that, until now, have been static and hardware-driven. Serving carriers, enterprises, governments, and data centers globally, Cyan’s open platforms provide multi-vendor, multi-layer control and visibility to network operators, making service delivery more efficient and profitable. Cyan solutions include the award-winning Blue Planet SDN and NFV software and N-Series hyperscale and Z-Series packet-optical hardware platforms. For more information, please visit www.cyaninc.com or follow Cyan on Twitter at twitter.com/CyanNews.
VMware, vSphere, vRealize and vCloud are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiary in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.