A smarter way to watch TV now available for more than 50,000 homes in the Lincoln, Neb. community
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Windstream (NYSE:WIN, news, filings), a leading provider of advanced network communications, announced today that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is now available in Lincoln, Nebraska. Starting today, more than 50,000 Lincoln residents can sign up for Kinetic, a new way of watching television that leverages the company’s 100% fiber-backed network to provide customers with a wide array of features.
Powered by the Ericsson Mediaroom platform, Kinetic is a superior alternative to satellite and cable that offers an innovative experience coupled with features that customers want and expect from their TV providers. With Kinetic, customers will receive fast, high-quality, interactive television with features that include:
• High Definition (HD) at no additional charge: Get the TV you love on the stations you know, many included in HD
• Free Whole Home DVR: Watch and record up to four shows at once + pause & play live TV
• Wireless Set Top Box: Freedom to watch TV anywhere in your home - just connect the box to your TV and put your TV wherever you want
• Video On-Demand: Watch shows and movies from an extensive library of on-demand programming
• Instant Channel Change: Surf channels with no lag between channel changes
• Exclusive savings when you bundle services: Bundle Kinetic TV with High-Speed Internet + unlimited phone and save
• Free professional installation: Experienced technicians will install your service, free of charge
• No term commitment: Experience entertainment without compromise
“We’re extremely excited to launch Kinetic in Lincoln,” said David Redmond, President of Small Business and Consumer at Windstream. “Over the last year, we have heard loudly and clearly that this community is excited and eager for an alternative TV service. Windstream is confident that residents that sign up for Kinetic will find a highly interactive experience and a smarter way to watch TV than cable or satellite.”
Beginning today, Kinetic is available as a bundled service with Windstream's High Speed Internet and telephone services. All bundle rates, which vary based on channel selection, include the features listed above at no additional cost. Rates for TV-only service are available upon request.
Customers interested in signing up for Kinetic are encouraged to call 402.436.4500, stop by the Windstream’s retail store at 1440 M Street in downtown Lincoln, or visit windstream.com/kinetic.
Windstream, a FORTUNE 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. For more information, visit www.windstream.com.