UK’s Number One Property Website Selects Content Delivery Network Leader to Help Home Hunters Find Their Happy Online
TEMPE, Ariz.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Limelight Networks, Inc. (“Limelight”)(NASDAQ:LLNW, news, filings), a global leader in digital content delivery, today announced that Rightmove plc (“Rightmove”) has implemented the Limelight Orchestrate™ (“Orchestrate”) Content Delivery service to expand and optimize the delivery of high-quality web and mobile real estate content. Rightmove, the U.K.’s number one property website, is ranked among the top ten most popular websites in the U.K., with over 50 million page impressions per day, in excess of one million listed properties, and more than 2.5 billion active and archived images.
“Images are critical to give people an idea of what a property looks like, what kind of features it has, and most importantly, the ability to picture themselves living in the property,” said Tim Harding, head of operations at Rightmove. “Limelight delivers the functionality, scalability, and multi-device delivery capabilities to support our continued growth. The technical knowledge, integration support, and overall responsiveness we receive from Limelight are superb. Everything about the engagement has been fast and easy, from our initial introduction to the final implementation.”
As more home hunters turn to online and mobile tools during their search, delivering quality digital content without latency is crucial to the real estate sales process. Today, mobile devices generate more than half of all property detail views on Rightmove, so selecting a CDN that allowed them to support the myriad of devices on the market, and varied image sizes, was critical to accommodating the growing needs of its audience.
The Orchestrate Content Delivery service enables Rightmove to deliver content on the world’s fastest private network, expediting the next step in the buying or selling process. The Rightmove app is available for iPhone, iPad, Android (including Kindle) and Windows Phone or people can use the mobile site compatible with all smartphone handsets.
“With the majority of home hunters now searching online, a property’s interactive and digital assets are a crucial part of the home buying process,” said Kirby Wadsworth, CMO of Limelight Networks. “Limelight is proud to be working with Rightmove to ensure their digital content is rapidly delivered to prospects, empowering sellers to market, sell, or rent their available residencies and buyers to find their next home – even while using mobile devices.”
For more information on the Orchestrate Content Delivery service, please visit http://www.limelight.com/.
- Rightmove.co.uk is the UK’s largest property web site, advertising around 90% of all homes for sale via estate agents across the UK (Rightmove is not an online estate agent)
- At any one time, there are over one million properties for sale or rent on Rightmove, worth around £270 billion
- People in the UK can search for residential resale, new homes, rentals, commercial and overseas properties on Rightmove
- Tools and information people can access on the site include sold prices, property valuation, market trends, maps, nearby schools, Street View and floor plans
- The Rightmove app is available for iPhone, iPad, Android (including Kindle) and Windows Phone or people can use the mobile site compatible with all smartphone handsets
- For customers, the service is directed at four key membership groups: estate agents, lettings agents, new homes developers and overseas home agents
Limelight Networks (NASDAQ: LLNW), a global leader in digital content delivery, empowers customers to better engage online audiences by enabling them to securely manage and globally deliver digital content, on any device. The company’s award winning Limelight Orchestrate™ platform includes an integrated suite of content delivery technology and services that helps organizations secure digital content, deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue, and enhance customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, read our blog, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and be sure to visitLimelight Connect.