HANOVER, Md. — 04/14/2015
Ciena® (NASDAQ:CIEN, news, filings) has appointed Cindy Moran to its Government Advisory Board, where she will provide strategic guidance to Ciena Government Solutions, Inc. (CGSI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ciena, to support the Department of Defense (DoD) IT environment as well as mission-critical federal government networks. The advisory board provides insight and analysis into the complex government market, ensuring that CGSI’s offerings and customer support are aligned with the needs of its public sector customers.
- Cindy Moran is a highly regarded expert within the defense information systems field having spent nearly 20 years working on DoD communications networks. She has held multiple positions in support of DoD information technology systems, including hands-on network and system administration roles. This experience positions her to provide CGSI highly sought after networking expertise in today’s application-centric, cloud-based world.
- CGSI leverages Ciena’s portfolio of tailored platforms and services that address the networking infrastructure needs of U.S. federal, civilian, defense and research and education networks. CGSI offers custom solutions that enable assured networking, cloud computing, packet-optical transport, Ethernet for branch and base connectivity and data center networking.
- Ms. Moran joins the following current Government Advisory Board members: Lt. Gen. Kenneth A. Minihan, former director of the National Security Agency, Richard F. Kent, CEO of Fedforce, and John C. Johnson, former assistant commissioner for the General Services Administration’s Federal Acquisition Service.
- “CGSI has a history of providing trusted, reliable and secure networking solutions for the government market. When considering appointees for our advisory board, we place an emphasis on identifying individuals that provide real-world insights that reinforce our expertise in this market and continue advancing our well-established customer relationships. Having supported numerous mission critical defense communications networks, Cindy Moran is an accomplished, knowledgeable professional, who exemplifies the qualities we look to demonstrate when engaging with our customers.”
– David Peed, vice president and general manager of CGSI
- Government Brochure: Ciena Government Solutions
- Video: Ciena in the Federal Government
- Application Note: Putting Assured Networking to Work for Government
Ciena Adds Cindy Moran to Government Advisory Board
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedInhttp://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena’s actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-Q, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 12, 2015. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena’s expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “should,” “will,” and “would” or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
(877) 857 -7377
(877) 243 6273
+1 (410) 865-8964