- Extends managed services contract with Nokia Networks for 4 more years
- VHA leverages Nokia Networks’ global delivery centers for best-in-class network quality and efficiency
- Subscribers will continue to enjoy highest network availability, outstanding service experience and fast query resolution
Sydney, Australia – 27 March 2015
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA), one of Australia’s leading operators, has contracted Nokia Networks to manage its network operations for the next four years. Under the contract, VHA will leverage Nokia Networks’ technical knowledge and global services expertise to continue delivering the best possible mobile broadband service experience to their customers.
Click to Tweet: VHA awards managed services deal to @nokianetworks for 4 years #NetworksPerform http://nokia.ly/1CX23uV
Deal scope at a glance:
- Nokia Networks’ managed services capabilities includes operations and maintenance services as well as remote network management from Nokia’s Global Delivery Center in India
- Real-time service management for VHA’s multi-vendor paging, 2G, 3G and 4G+ networks from the world’s first vendor-operated Service Management Center
- The deal includes an industry best-practice joint transformation project to leverage technology innovation and organizational efficiencies to deliver continuous service improvement and achieve cost savings for both parties over the lifetime of the contract
- Extension of the intitial managed services contract signed in 2006
Benoit Hansen, Chief Technology Officer, VHA, said: “This initiative is in line with our commitment to provide the best-in-class service experience to our customers, even as we focus on evolving our infrastructure to address future capacity and coverage requirements. Nokia Networks’ service capabilities provide us with a strong platform to do this, while we continue to execute on our extensive growth plans.”
Ray Owen, Head of Australia and New Zealand, Nokia Networks, said: “VHA’s decision to extend this contract underscores its faith in our managed services capabilities and testifies to its high satisfaction of our work. Leveraging on our knowledge base and the expertise of our global delivery centers, we will continue to improve VHA’s network quality and operational efficiency at reduced operational cost.”
Did you know?
Nokia Networks is the second-largest telecom services vendor in the world. Nokia has been doing managed services for VHA since 2006 and supplied the operator with a 3G network in 2004. Nokia Networks has close to 20 years of expertise in the managed services business, and manages 550 million subscribers in networks around the world.
Click here to download a picture of Ray Owen, Head of Australia and New Zealand, Nokia Networks.
Click here to download a picture of Nokia Networks’ Global Delivery Center (GDC) in India.
- Blog: 38% fewer network and service complaints – Learn how
- YouTube: Nokia Networks Managed Services engagement with Vodafone
- Insight newsletter: Keeping it simple: the challenge of managing complexity
- Awards: 4th year for Nokia Networks as top Managed Services company in India
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: Managed Services, Vodafone, Australia, APAC, deal
About Vodafone Hutchison Australia
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) provides mobile telecommunications to more than five million customers in Australia. VHA is a 50:50 joint venture between Vodafone Group Plc and Hutchison Telecommunications (Australia) Limited.
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://networks.nokia.com/ // http://company.nokia.com
Phone: +852 9747 5873
Phone: +358 7140 02869
Vodafone Hutchison Australia
Head of Corporate Media Affairs
Phone: +61 451123307
– See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/vodafone-hutchison-australia-awards-4-year-managed-services-deal-to-nokia-networks#sthash.NG0OuaQG.dpuf
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date