Solution Bridges WebRTC and SIP-Enabled Real-Time Communications across Mobile Applications and Browsers to Advance Deployment of Click-to-Connect Voice and Video Features
- The virtualized Sonus WebRTC Services Solution is architected for scale, availability, reliability and Cloud engagements, and designed to support Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC).
- The WebRTC Services Solution bridges disparate domains of WebRTC and traditional Internet Protocol (IP)-based networks, delivering real-time communications within mobile applications and on websites — accessible with any browser.
- The WebRTC Services Solution brings together the Sonus WebRTC Gateway and the Sonus WebRTC Software Development Kit (SDK) with the Sonus Element Management System (EMS) and the Sonus SBC 5000 Series, Sonus SBC 7000 and the Sonus Session Border Controller Software edition (SBC SWe) Session Border Controllers (SBCs).
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, today introduced the Sonus WebRTC Services Solution, a virtualized Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC) offer, purpose-built for the Cloud. The WebRTC Services Solution provides signaling from WebRTC-to-WebRTC applications and interworking from WebRTC-to-Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), delivering advanced real-time communications capabilities on mobile applications and on websites, which are accessible via a browser.
WebRTC enables end-users to participate in audio, video and other forms of collaborative communications solely through the use of a WebRTC-enabled browser without special hardware, additional software plug-ins, distinctive applications or downloads. Using a WebRTC-enabled browser, users can easily place voice and video calls as well as engage in multi-media screen sharing and collaboration sessions. Unlike legacy and PBX-based models for Unified Communications (UC), which often function as separate communications islands, WebRTC can be deployed to interwork seamlessly across existing SIP-based networks that support real-time voice, video and data.
The WebRTC Services Solution bridges WebRTC and SIP, allowing service providers to quickly and efficiently offer new real-time communications services, which can improve end-user experience while also extending existing voice and video services over the web. The WebRTC Services Solution also enables enterprise networks to advance WebRTC-based collaboration and productivity for its employees and customers by deploying click-to-connect type features in a manner that ensures a high quality of experience and an unparalleled level of security.
Sonus WebRTC Gateway
The WebRTC Services Solution includes Sonus SBCs, sitting on the edge of a service provider or enterprise network to deliver complete network protection from theft of service and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, in addition to unmatched levels of scalability, lab-tested interoperability and comprehensive media handling to bridge WebRTC and SIP interactions.
Sonus WebRTC Software Development Kit
Advanced Management for WebRTC
To ensure effective oversight of performance, the Sonus Element Management System (EMS) supports events, fault and performance monitoring and configuration management for the entire WebRTC Services Solution.
“The hype curve is passing, and service providers and enterprises are seeking viable WebRTC solutions as they strive to deliver differentiated and advanced Cloud-based voice and video services to end users,” said David Tipping, vice president and general manager, Products. “Sonus’ WebRTC portfolio sits at the intersection of Cloud, mobile and social technologies to spawn a new set of secure and intelligent click-to-connect, real-time communications features which can create enhanced revenue opportunities.”
“The Sonus WebRTC Services Solution addresses multiple needs in the marketplace,” said Phil Edholm, president and principal, PKE Consulting. “First, the platform provides integration of WebRTC-based communications from browsers and mobile devices into the existing SIP and IMS-based architectures that will enable enterprises and service providers to easily leverage WebRTC to deliver enhanced services. Inclusion of extended browser support as well as mobile applications in the SDK assures that the solution can cover the widest footprint of potential end users. With WebRTC usage exploding, Sonus is meeting a growing demand for integration into existing communications environments.”
“The Sonus WebRTC Services Solution features impressive functionally and capability, and most importantly, makes it fast and easy to build production applications and prototypes,” said Richard Tworek, president, Tworek LLC. “Sonus clearly has the mindshare and expertise to lead in web-based real-time communications.”
- The Sonus WebRTC Services Solution also supports non-WebRTC browsers, allowing service providers to address the broadest requirements of their user base.
- In addition to desktop support, Sonus also supports mobility. With the Sonus WebRTC SDK, application developers can “embed” WebRTC-based communications directly within mobile applications (i.e., iOS and Android) to enable real-time communications functions.>
- Analyst firm Disruptive Analysis sees WebRTC support growing from 1.4 billion devices at year- end 2014 to more than 6 billion by end of 2019.
- Click here to download the 2014 WebRTC State-of-the-Market report sponsored by Sonus.
- Click here to download WebRTC for Dummies.
- Attend the Sonus webinar “Three Ways to Tame the Wild West of WebRTC” on Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. ET.
- Watch an interview Sonus President and CEO Ray Dolan filmed during Mobile World Congress 2015 on “The WebRTC Push” here.
Sonus, SONS, Web Real-Time Communications, WebRTC, WebRTC Services Solutions, Sonus WebRTC Gateway, Sonus WebRTC Software Development Kit, WebRTC SDK, Cloud, Session Initiation Protocol, SIP, Session Border Controllers, SBC, Sonus EMS
Sonus brings intelligence and security to real-time communications. By helping the world embrace the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/LTE solutions, Sonus enables and secures latency-sensitive, mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, instant messaging and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can give priority to real-time communications based on smart business rules while service providers can offer reliable, comprehensive and secure on-demand network services to their customers. With solutions deployed in more than 100 countries and nearly two decades of experience, Sonus offers a complete portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service capabilities, policy/routing servers and media and signaling gateways. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
For More Information:
Wendy Tullo, Sonus
Siobhan Nguyen, Lois Paul & Partners
Cheryl Tan, Cohn & Wolfe
Louise Andrews, Wildfire
Karen Ovseyevitz, Porter Novelli
- See more at: http://www.sonus.net/en/resources/press-releases/sonus-introduces-virtualized-webrtc-solution#sthash.gEWKnmDT.dpuf