TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Limelight Networks, Inc. (“Limelight”) (NASDAQ:LLNW, news, filings), a global leader in digital content delivery, today unveiled results of a global survey of top security concerns related to the delivery of digital content. The research shows that nearly half (46 percent) of respondents are most concerned with the impact of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks on their delivery of digital content. Additionally, more than half (53 percent) believe their Content Delivery Network (CDN) provider is the best positioned to help them detect and mitigate DDoS attacks.
Here are the key findings from the survey.
Cyberattacks on digital content delivery are most concerning
- The top two cyberattacks worrying digital content owners are DDoS attacks and unauthorized access to digital content. Nearly half (46 percent) of respondents cited DDoS attacks and 27 percent cited unauthorized access as their top concerns. (TVID: 957-39D-E29)
Cyberattacks present a risk to both business and reputation
- Seventy six percent of those surveyed indicate that the delivery of digital content is ‘extremely important’ to their business. (TVID: 471-F90-61D)
- Thirty-three percent would be concerned with how their brand’s reputation would be impacted in the aftermath of a cyberattack. (TVID: 10F-E2E-352)
- Twenty-seven percent would be concerned with content availability, or a service outage.
CDN plays a key role in detecting and mitigating DDoS attacks
- More than half (53 percent) of respondents plan to rely on their CDN provider to handle content delivery security concerns in the future. (TVID: 0B3-2FC-2FD)
- Respondents are split on how they are currently addressing content delivery security. Thirty-one percent are handling content delivery security in house and the same percentage is taking a hybrid (cloud and on premise) approach. (TVID: 73B-725-623)
- Eight percent aren’t addressing content delivery security at all.
- Respondents cited cost effectiveness and return-on-investment as their top criteria for selecting Limelight as their CDN (57 percent). (TVID: AE1-8E0-4AD)
- Respondents also cited: capacity/ability to handle large spike in demand (38 percent), network performance (37 percent), availability and reliability of the network (36 percent), and global reach (29 percent) as additional criteria.
“This survey highlights the immense pressure on enterprises to ensure content availability and protect brand reputation as cyberattacks increase and metastasize,” said Kirby Wadsworth, CMO at Limelight. “Thousands of attacks occur every day, impacting brand image, revenue, business viability, and even careers.”
Based on input from over 100 CDN customers, the survey was conducted in February 2015 by TechValidate, an independent research organization, and looked at how companies are responding to the threat of cyberattacks, and the resulting business challenges. To view the results in their entirety, please click here.
Limelight Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: LLNW), a global leader in digital content delivery, empowers customers to better engage digital audiences by enabling them to manage and deliver digital content on any device, anywhere in the world. The company’s award winning Limelight Orchestrate™ platform includes an integrated suite of content delivery technology and services that helps organizations deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue, and enhance customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, read ourblog, follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/llnw and be sure to visit Limelight Connect, our online community.