Midwest Provider of Network & Data Solutions Increases Footprint in Indiana and Illinois with Expansion of Facilities
US Signal, network and cloud hosting provider, expands two data centers to meet client demand
for data protection and disaster recovery services
Grand Rapids, Michigan – US Signal, an industry leading network and cloud hosting provider, announced the expansion of two of its eight Midwest data centers in Oakbrook, Illinois and Indianapolis, Indiana. The expansion builds on the recent addition of the new West Michigan data center last spring. The upcoming expansion will make it possible for customers to house their infrastructure and transmit their data entirely on the US Signal network and within secure facilities.
“In July of last year we built a 20,000-square-foot facility in Grand Rapids, Michigan to meet customer needs and are already near capacity with the ability to expand an additional 20,000 square feet in the near future,” said Kirk Dombek, US Signal Vice President of Business Development. “With the doubling of space in Oakbrook, Illinois and 4,000 square feet in Indianapolis, Indiana, both slated for spring 2015 completion, we can continue to meet customer demand for data protection and disaster recovery solutions.”
A carrier owned and operated data center serves as a safe house for collocating customer infrastructure, allowing clients to purchase either enclosed cabinets or cages that can house their servers, routers or storage devices. US Signal currently manages eight data centers throughout its 10-state network, providing end-to-end solutions for both network and cloud customers.
“This is our second data center expansion in less than a year,” said Dombek. “Companies are realizing the importance of protecting their data, while also having a disaster recovery plan in place in case the unthinkable were to occur.”
US Signal’s data centers offer customers the highest level of security and technical features including:
- Secure, alarmed facilities
- 24/7/365 access for authorized customer representatives
- Integrated heat and smoke detection
- Ecaro 25 fire suppression systems
- Automated humidity and temperature controls
- Redundant DC battery backup available
- Full generator backup with auto-start and auto-transfer capabilities
- 24-hour generator run time fuel capacity
- Capability to deliver up to 100G services over redundant DWDM, SONET, Ethernet, and MPLS architectures
- Dual fiber entrances creating automatic redundancy
- Direct access to 600+ POP sites and lit buildings
US Signal colocation customers have convenient access to their infrastructure stored securely in one of eight strategic Midwest markets with direct access to the US Signal network creating the perfect sandbox for any disaster recovery solution.