Cisco Showcases Expanded Technology Portfolio, Announces Initiatives with Global Customers to Drive New Revenues, Reduce Opex and Enhance Agility
BARCELONA, March 2, 2015 – At Mobile World Congress 2015 this week, Cisco is advancing its position as the leading technology provider and business partner to help global mobile operators transform their networks, businesses and customers’ experiences in pursuit of new Internet of Everything (IoE) opportunities.
Cisco is introducing and showcasing innovations across its entire Service Provider portfolio, including solutions that advance its Intercloud strategy and augment the company’s open network architecture and its three layers: Applications and Services, Evolved Services Platform and Evolved Programmable Network.
Cisco will share these innovations and more during product demonstrations, speaking engagements and via several announcements at the Show. The centerpiece of Cisco’s presence at Mobile World Congress will be its booth at stand 3E30, Hall 3 in Fira Gran Via.
- Cisco’s Breakthrough Mobility IQ Unlocks the Power of Visual Network Knowledge
Cisco today introduced Mobility IQ, a breakthrough mobility Software as a Service (SaaS) analytics solution that unlocks the power of visual network knowledge and drives unparalleled business outcomes for service providers. The market leading SaaS solution, hosted on Cisco Cloud Services, provides advanced insights and an unprecedented bird’s-eye view across Wi-Fi, 3G, and LTE network activity – in real-time. Service providers can identify and capitalize on new business opportunities and deliver exciting new experiences to their customers using a flexible, as a Service consumption model. Additional information can be found here.
- Telstra and Cisco to Advance On-demand Unified Services
Telstra and Cisco today announced their intention to extend their strategic collaboration by giving Telstra’s domestic and global business customers a unified, on-demand suite of cloud and managed network services. Telstra and Cisco are looking to focus on four key areas to deliver virtualized managed network and cloud services based on an open architecture:
- Unified customer and product experience across cloud, network and value-added services
- Improved speed to market with rapid product development
- Near real-time, dynamic and elastic provisioning of services, on premise and in the cloud
- Operational efficiency and simplification
Additional information can be found here.
- Cisco Introduces Small Cells Solution for Large Scale Enterprise Deployments with SpiderCloud and Vodafone
Cisco today announced commercial availability of its Universal Small Cell (USC) 8000 Series designed for large enterprises and venues. This solution is the result of a strategic collaboration between Cisco and SpiderCloud Wireless, and will be offered to Cisco’s enterprise customers and channel partners. The global agreement includes Cisco reselling SpiderCloud’s entire small cell portfolio under the USC 8000 Series brand. In addition, SpiderCloud will develop custom small cell technology for Cisco. Vodafone will be the first service provider to deliver the mobile service to its enterprise customers. Additional information can be found here.
- XL Axiata Is the First Service Provider in Asia Pacific and Japan to Implement Cisco Technologies to Transform Mobile Service Delivery in Indonesia
XL Axiata, one of the largest cellular operators in Indonesia for consumer and machine-to-machine (M2M) services, has selected Cisco® Virtualized Packet Core to deliver the network elasticity and service agility needed to support the rapid growth and ever-changing demands of today’s market. By implementing Cisco Virtualized Packet Core (VPC), XL Axiata has become the first to implement the Cisco solution in Asia Pacific and Japan. Additional information can be found here.
- Equinix Leverages Cisco’s Tail-f Network Control System to Help Make Multi-Cloud Access a Reality for Enterprise Customers Worldwide
Cisco and Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, announced that Equinix has deployed the Cisco Tail-f Network Control System (NCS) as part of the foundational technology powering the Equinix Cloud Exchange – the Equinix Programmable Network. This technology enables the automated network and service provisioning for cloud providers and their enterprise customers that Cloud Exchange has become known for. Tail-f Systems, now part of Cisco, provides multi-vendor service orchestration and network automation solutions based on NETCONF and YANG. Additional information can be found here.
Product Demonstrations at the Cisco Booth: At the Cisco booth (stand 3E30, Hall 3 in Fira Gran Via), the company will showcase demonstrations aimed helping service providers increase revenue, decrease operations costs and enhance agility to drive faster responsiveness.
- Cisco Evolved Services Platform
- Cisco’s virtualization architecture provides SPs with business agility by delivering dynamic service creation through service automation, orchestration, and lifecycle management of multi–vendor virtualized networks.
- Cisco Universal Wi-Fi
- Cisco is bringing the MWC Gran Fira NoC to its customers! SPs can experience the live Cisco-provided network and services at MWC as well as insight from Analytics Dashboards, metrics, KPIs, and more.
- Cisco Internet of Everything
- Cisco’s leadership in end-to-end highly secure Connected solutions create new opportunities for SPs in IoT and IoE, e.g, Smart+Connected Cities, Connected Transportation, Public Safety, and more. Demo Scenario: Connected Bus Stop.
- Cisco Connected Life
- See Cisco’s vision for the Connected Life, from both the customer and the SP perspective, including use cases for geolocalization, recommendation and prediction, social, home automation and more – using existing technology and open source solutions.
- Cisco’s solutions for the network of clouds, together with key partners, addresses customer requirements for a globally distributed, highly secure cloud platform capable of meeting the robust demands of the Internet of Everything.
- Cisco Network Services Orchestrator by Tail-f
- Cisco’s offers the most comprehensive and open solution to automate multi-vendor, multi-technology network service orchestration and lifecycle management across NFV and physical networks.
- Cisco Telco Cloud Manager
- Cisco’s VNF–M supports Cisco and 3rd party network functions, all virtualized, to accelerate service agility while minimizing OpEx with common automated operations for cloud-enabled solutions.
- Cisco Policy Suite
- Cisco Policy Suite provides new revenue-enabling capabilities such as support for virtual networks, M2M, access control with ANDSF, video optimization and RAN Congestion control.
- Cisco Voice over Wi-Fi
- Cisco’s VoWi-Fi Solution, built on Cisco’s Evolved Packet Core, Evolved Packet Data Gateway and carrier-grade Universal Wi-Fi architecture, can provide SPs with the easiest and least expensive way to expand indoor coverage and capacity.
- Cisco SP Analytics
- Learn about Cisco services and solutions for network data-driven insights for our Service Provider customers and their customers.
- Cisco 5G
- Cisco’s 5G strategies will enable the graceful addition of new services and the reinvention of information architectures, while utilizing an automated, orchestrated virtualized cloud network using Information–Centric Networking.
- Cisco Collaboration Cloud
- Cisco’s Collaboration Cloud is a next-generation platform that enables best-in-class collaboration experiences.
Cisco Speakers at Mobile World Congress 2015:
- Mark Grayson, Distinguished Engineer, Cisco; “Accelerating Enterprise Small Cell Deployments”; Monday, March 2, 11:00 a.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Hall 7, Booth 7F61
- Kelly Ahuja, senior vice president, Service Provider Business, Products, and Solutions, Cisco; “Personalizing the Consumer Experience”; Monday, March 2, 2:00 p.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Hall 4, Auditorium 4
- Dr. Robert Pepper, vice president, Government Affairs, Cisco; “Building the Foundation of the Connected Society”; Tuesday, March 3, 3:00 p.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Hall 4, Auditorium C
- Doug Webster, vice president, Service Provider Marketing, Cisco; “The Business of IoT”; Thursday, March 5, 2:30 p.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Hall 4, Auditorium 2
- Sam Samuels, Director of Engineering, Mobility, Cisco; “Unifying Network IT and Telco IT”; Thursday, March 5, 11:30 a.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Hall 4, Auditorium 5
Additional Cisco Partner News at Mobile World Congress 2015:
- Akamai Unveils Emerging Mobile Business Unit to Address Needs of Mobile Network Operators and Mobile Device Manufacturers
- Kelly Ahuja, senior vice president, Service Provider Business, Products, and Solutions, Cisco
“With the world becoming increasingly more mobile, Mobile World Congress has become a marquee event for Cisco to demonstrate how we are best suited to help service providers stay ahead of rapid changes in the industry. Cisco uniquely enables service provider profitability by connecting services to networks, networks to clouds, and clouds with each other. Here in Barcelona, we’re seeing tremendous momentum as we partner with global service providers to transform their architectures and businesses – and ultimately their end customers’ experiences – to capture exciting new opportunities.”
Additional Supporting Resources
- Join or stay tuned to our MWC activities with hashtag #CiscoMWC
- Read blog series: Cisco at MWWC 2015 at Cisco SP360 Blog: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page and Twitter @CiscoSPMobility for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco’s SP360 feed
Tags/Keywords: Cisco, MWC, MWC 2015, Barcelona, service provider, mobility, mobile, Chemring, Akamai, Kelly Ahuja, XL Axiata, IoT, IoE, SaaS, Wi-Fi, Telstra, small cells, Vodafone, SpiderCloud, USC 8000, Equinix, data center, Tail-f
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.