First Universal Cloud-hosted Mobility Analytics Solution – Working Across Wi-Fi, 3G and LTE Networks – Unlocks Business Opportunities for Operators, New Experiences for their Customers
BARCELONA – March 2, 2015 – At Mobile World Congress 2015 today, Cisco introduced Mobility IQ, a breakthrough mobility software as a service (SaaS) analytics solution that unlocks the power of visual network knowledge and drives unparalleled business outcomes for service providers. The market leading SaaS solution, hosted on Cisco Cloud Services, provides advanced insights and an unprecedented bird's-eye view across Wi-Fi, 3G and LTE network activity – in real-time. Service providers can identify and capitalize on new business opportunities and deliver exciting new experiences to their customers using a flexible, as a Service consumption model.
According to the latest annual update of the Cisco® Visual Networking Index™ Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast for 2014 to 2019, global mobile data traffic will grow nearly 10-fold over the next five years, aided by the ongoing adoption of more powerful mobile devices and machine-to-machine (M2M) connections, combined with broader access to faster cellular networks. The forecast notes that global Wi-Fi offload traffic will exceed global cellular traffic by 2019, which underscores the increasing importance of small cell technologies in many carriers' mobile service delivery strategies.
Mobility IQ addresses these significant industry changes by giving service providers and their business customers' real-time visibility into network, user, and business intelligence across Wi-Fi, 3G, and LTE networks. This transformational new capability enables service providers to deliver valuable, new differentiated mobile services to their customers, while achieving new levels of operational efficiency.
Service providers have traditionally had access to the data intrinsic to their networks. However, as they scale services, this insight becomes fragmented across technology silos, and they often have limited visibility into indoor and business networks, where their customers most frequently consume mobile services. Cisco Mobility IQ provides intelligence capable of enhancing operational efficiency and business value across three key constituencies:
- Network Operations – By providing a single, dynamic picture of the health of the entire network and APIs to take action, Mobility IQ helps optimize performance and identifies problem areas so they can be addressed. Such insights help save money and provide higher customer satisfaction.
- Marketing – By providing more holistic insights into indoor and outdoor mobile user behaviors, such as location paths and social media activity, Mobility IQ enables delivery of the right experience and the right services at precisely the right moments. Such insights can provide additional value to existing offerings, such as managed services, that can be further tailored based on the respective industry verticals.
- Managed Services – By providing business customers – such as venues, retailers and transport hubs – real-time, actionable information about customer and end-user trends, Mobility IQ enables businesses to make informed commercial decisions and glean greater value out of their respective service provider offerings.
Mobility IQ also provides APIs that simplify the creation of value partnerships such as those related to advertising or social discovery. Cisco plans to make this service available to Cisco-certified partners.
- Kelly Ahuja, Senior Vice President of Service Provider Business, Products and Solutions, Cisco
"Mobility IQ is a great example of Cisco executing on its service provider strategy, enabling our customers to drive profitable business outcomes through transformation. This powerful new solution helps service providers and their business customers understand their own networks better, optimize the delivery of their services, and ultimately increase revenue."
- Sheikh Saud al Thani, CEO, Ooredoo
"As the number one fastest-growing telecommunications company in the world by revenue, Ooredoo has been a leader in innovation and disruption when it comes to offering superior experiences to our customers. Mobility – Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G – is key in delivering on our vision of enriching people's lives and is at the heart of everything we do. Our strategy of deploying Wi-Fi alongside our cellular networks is a major first step. Deriving knowledge from the network is the next key aspect of helping our consumers and business partners excel in their business outcomes. That is why we share Cisco Mobility IQ's vision for real-time intelligence that is highly visual and easily configured for each business customer, while integrating Wi-Fi and cellular insights. We are committed to exploring the possibilities of pushing this vision and are excited to take this journey."
Additional Supporting Resources
- Cisco Mobility IQ
- Cisco Analytics
- Cisco VNI
- Cisco Mobile VNI whitepaper
- Cisco Mobile VNI blog post
- Cisco Mobile VNI Q&A
- Cisco.com Homepage
- Join or stay tuned to our MWC activities with hashtag #CiscoMWC
- Read blog series: Cisco at MWWC 2015 at Cisco SP360 Blog: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page and Twitter @CiscoSPMobility for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.