Sprint and Best Buy offering customers a whole new way to get a wireless phone
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. & MINNEAPOLIS (BUSINESS WIRE), February 27, 2015 – Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) and Sprint (NYSE:S) today introduced a simple way to get a wireless phone, simplifying the wireless selection process for customers. The Best Buy One Plan (SM), an industry-first, all inclusive plan, gives customers unlimited talk, text and data, plus the hottest Sprint smartphones, for one low monthly price (excluding taxes and fees )1. This plan is available exclusively at Best Buy locations nationwide beginning March 1.
“Customers told us they wanted an easier, more simplified way to get a phone. With the Best Buy One Plan, that’s exactly what we’re offering,” said Jaime Jones, president, Postpaid Consumer and General Business Sales, Sprint. “Best Buy One is the industry’s first all-inclusive plan, offering one price for unlimited talk, text and data and the phone. It’s that easy.”
Details of the Offer
- Well-qualified customers can walk out of a Best Buy store with no money down and no sales tax at the time of purchase, and the option to:
- Lease an iPhone 6 16GB including unlimited talk, text and data while on the Sprint network, at $65 per month (excluding taxes and fees) for two years
- Lease Android devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy S®5 or LG G3 includingunlimited talk, text and data while on the Sprint network, starting at $75 per month (excluding taxes and fees) for two years
- Additional devices are also available for lease and pricing may vary
- For an additional $10 per month, customers can choose the 12 month lease option and have the ability to upgrade every year
- Customers activating a new line of service before March 28 will also receive a $200 Best Buy gift card
The Best Buy One Plan saves customers up to $1,300 over two years versus other national carriers.2
“This is the least expensive option for consumers to get the latest smartphone and an all-inclusive plan to go with it,” said Scott Anderson, vice president of mobile phones at Best Buy.
New customers and existing customers upgrading into a lease at Best Buy can take advantage of the Best Buy One Plan at all Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile specialty stores.
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served nearly 56 million connections as of Dec. 31, 2014, and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America for the past four years. You can learn more and visit Sprint atwww.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1Monthly charge excludes taxes and surcharges. Pricing may vary based on lease term and device purchase type.
2 Compared to other national carriers’ installment billed purchased devices plus service for iPhone 6 (16GB) over 24-month period. Does not include optional Sprint device purchase at lease-end. Competitor plans may include international text/data features, tethering, carry-over data and cloud options. Other device purchase, lease & service plan options available; see carrier websites for details. Price comparison as of February 27, 2015.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available:http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20150227006153/en/
Kristin Wallace, 404-649-8222
Shandra Tollefson, 612-291-6583
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date