- Shows TDD-FDD carrier aggregation (CA) to double the existing throughput and balance the load in a demo using a commercial Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 processor with X10 LTE chipset. A second demo for TDD-FDD CA will also be done using a commercial Intel chipset
- Shows TD-LTE-Advanced downlink 3 CA demo with China Mobile on the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 processor with X10 LTE chipset to deliver 3 times more throughput
- Shows TD-LTE-Advanced Uplink 2 CA demo with KT using Marvell commercial chipset to double existing upload throughput
- World’s first TD-LTE-A radio with eight pipes for the increasingly important 3.5 GHz spectrum
Espoo, Finland – 24 February 2015
Nokia Networks is introducing several innovations at Mobile World Congress 2015 that will help operators move to TD-LTE-Advanced and evolve towards ultra-dense networks. These demonstrations include the achievement of TDD-FDD carrier aggregation (CA), TDD uplink CA, TD-LTE-Advanced downlink 3 CA , a high-capacity TD-LTE-A radio and dynamic Nokia Smart Scheduler capabilities.
The new product and software features will help mobile operators increase throughput also at the cell edge for improved user satisfaction, better margin and higher revenue.
The new exceptional network speeds will also deliver a rich user experience, especially for demanding use cases such as HD video downloads anywhere and simultaneous image or video uploads at mass events.
Huang Yuhong, Vice President of China Mobile Research Institute said: “Consumers will get three times more throughput from the progress of 3 carrier aggregation and 60MHz TDD spectrum. Our existing network infrastructure has been enabled to support this in Band 41 and it will be introduced with a software upgrade.”
Live demonstrations on show at the Nokia Experience Center, Hall B, Stand 3B10:
- TDD-FDD CA delivers up to 185 Mbps peak throughput by using 10 MHz of FDD band 8 and 20 MHz of TDD band 41 spectrum to enable higher throughput compared to existing deployment, a larger high-throughput coverage area compared to existing TD-LTE deployment and improved load balancing. A Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 processor with X10 LTE will be used for the demo.
- China Mobile and Nokia will show TD-LTE-Advanced 3 CA that delivers 330 Mbps peak downlink throughput using up to 60 MHz of spectrum for a better network performance. The demo uses a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 processor with X10 LTE, a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated.
- 3.5 GHz TD-LTE-Advanced 8-pipe radio will provide additional capacity on top of existing LTE networks and provide higher revenues and margins by migrating WiMAX networks to a TD-LTE-Advanced network that offers 4-fold improvement in speed while reducing the latency by half.
- LG Uplus and Nokia will demonstrate an industry-first DL_COMP innovation with Nokia’s TD-LTE and LTE Smart Scheduler. Nokia Smart Scheduler features allow a dynamic, coordinated scheduling to improve data throughput.
Additionally, the following demonstrations will be featured on other stands:
- Nokia will show LSA (Licensed Shared Access) with TDD-FDD CA using a commercial Intel chipset for efficient spectrum usage (demo at the Intel booth in the Fira Gran Via, Hall 3, Booth #3D30).
- KT and Nokia will be the first to show simultaneous uplink and downlink CA feature using a commercial chipset from Marvell. The TD-LTE-Advanced uplink CA uses up to 40 MHz of spectrum to double the existing upload throughput. (demo at the KT booth in Hall 3, Innovation city)
Did you know?
More than 100 operators have invested in TD-LTE*. TD-LTE will be the technology of choice for most mobile operators given that TD-LTE spectrum is available for 60% of the world’s population and 50% of the land mass. Already 17 out of 48 TD-LTE operators have deployed both FDD and TDD modes of LTE in their networks**. According to the latest 2015 GSA report, Nokia supplies 3 out of 4 TD-LTE-Advanced deployed networks globally including Optus, Australia and STC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Video: Nokia Networks and STC show first TDD-FDD CA with commercial chipset in Middle East & Africa
- TD-LTE portfolio
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: TD-LTE, TD-LTE Advanced, TDD-FDD, Nokia Smart Scheduler, Qualcomm, China Mobile, carrier aggregation, Intel, Marvell, Korea Telecom, LGU+
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://networks.nokia.com/ / http://company.nokia.com
Phone: +358 7140 02869
* Global Mobile Suppliers Association report, July 2014
** GSA, January 7, 2014
– See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-networks-showcases-new-td-lte-advanced-carrier-aggregation-features-industry-s-first#sthash.HRwkFt2j.dpuf