- New services help operators optimize network resources based on application and device usage
- Subscribers enjoy better network performance for video and location services while on the move
Espoo, Finland – 26 February 2015
Nokia Networks announces services that will help mobile operators gain new insights into how applications and devices use network resources. This knowledge will increase network performance even within multivendor environments and will help optimize investment needs in networks. Increased performance will make it possible for the operator to launch new, differentiated smartphone applications in specific locations.
Nokia Networks is going beyond analyzing traditional network performance. Its new global services portfolio shifts the focus to device and application centric performance, analyzing specific network locations for traffic patterns, user distribution, frequently used applications and device types.
Solution details at a glance:
- Application Impact Management (AIM) assesses the signaling behavior of applications and devices and their impact on mobile network capacity, identifying radio and core resources needed to optimize CAPEX.
- 3-D geolocation provides highly accurate insights into traffic hotspots and individual building activity to achieve optimal network performance, improved operational efficiency and automated radio frequency optimization.
- Quality of Experience (QoE) modeling allows operators to identify real issues related to service performance decline, triggering the most effective optimization activities.
- Application-Driven Capacity Optimization identifies software features and hardware upgrades needed to mitigate congestion and reduce customer complaints.
- These solutions will be available for demonstration at the Nokia Experience Center (Hall 3, Stand 3B10) at the Mobile World Congress 2015, in Barcelona, Spain, March 2-5.
Did you know?
451 Research’s 2014 US Consumer Survey from November 2014 revealed that 71% of consumers who download internet content expect their service provider to be responsible for the quality of their experience, 34% of churn is due to poor service and 54% of customers are willing to pay more for better customer experience.
Click here to download a picture to illustrate smart location experiences.
To follow our MWC15 launches,visit www.networks.nokia.com/performance.
- Blockbuster press release: Nokia Networks smart location experiences place you in the center of personalized services #MWC15
- Whitepaper: Nokia Networks Intelligent base stations
- Whitepaper: Mobile Edge Computing introductory technical whitepaper
- Video: Liquid Applications
- Mobile Edge Computing ETSI web portal
- Mobile Edge Computing executive briefing
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: network optimization, content delivery, application, device, traffic hotspot, quality of experience, 3-D geolocation
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://networks.nokia.com/ // http://company.nokia.com
Phone: +358 7140 02869
- See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-networks-shifts-network-optimization-focus-to-apps-and-devices-mwc15#sthash.5JBjMi8D.dpuf