Conquering the 10X Network Analysis Challenge of the 100G Network
COPENHAGEN, Feb. 17, 2015 – The explosion of data caused by rich media applications and over-the-top videos are forcing mobile and telecom operators to transition from 10 to 100 Gbps networks, generating a 10X challenge unlike anything operators have seen in the past. To conquer the 10X network analysis challenge that this transition presents, Napatech (OSE: NAPA) today launched an industry-first 2×100 Gbps throughput solution that demonstrates full, non-blocking packet capture and analysis with zero packet loss and low CPU load. For additional details visit http://www.napatech.com/products/200g-performance-solution.
The Napatech 200G performance solution was developed through careful design and consideration of the complexities of modern server architectures to overcome potential bottlenecks that have proven a hindrance in the past.
- Unique intelligent hardware interconnect – Using two Napatech PCI-SIG® compliant NT100E3-1-PTP accelerators, the 200G solution places an Intelligent Hardware Interconnect between the accelerators to ensure the efficient exchange of data and guaranteed performance even when monitoring 200G of traffic. Proven results will be demonstrated at Mobile World Congress in March and include the following:
- Capability to match the delivery capacity of the available PCIe Gen3 interface
- Each 100G accelerator maps to a single NUMA node, ensuring local cache access to data
- The Intelligent Hardware Interconnect ensures that data from either port can be directed to the correct NUMA node with full control and guaranteed performance
- Ability to monitor downstream and upstream traffic in both SPAN and TAP environments
- Available in 1G to 100G with the same intelligent processing capabilities accessed through a single common API provided by the Napatech Software Suite
- Future-proof via firmware upgrade – The 200G solution is delivered as a pre-configured product. However, customers that have an earlier release of the NT100E3-1-PTP will be able to upgrade the firmware to take advantage of these features. Future upgrades include advanced de-duplication and slicing, additional filtering capabilities, broader protocol support, the ability to define flows and configure flow recognition based on any header information as well as full IP reassembly support.
Henrik Brill Jensen, CEO, Napatech, said: “Addressing the data growth challenges are critical to understanding what services or apps subscribers are using, but moreover when and where they are using them. By analyzing this information in real time, operators and service providers can tailor their solutions and offer new services. As a major provider to network appliance manufacturers around the world, our R&D teams have a unique advantage over our competitors in developing solutions that help our customers stay ahead of the data growth curve. We are excited to demonstrate this industry-first capability at Mobile World Congress 2015.
Visit Napatech at Mobile World Congress at booth 6K20 in Barcelona, Spain, March 2-5.
Read more about 100 Gbps network analysis in “Faster than the Future in the 100G Era.”
Napatech is the world leader in accelerating network management and security applications. As data volume and complexity grow, the performance of these applications needs to stay ahead of the speed of networks in order to do their jobs. We make this possible, for even the most demanding financial, telecom, corporate and government networks. Now and in the future, we enable our customers’ applications to run faster than the networks they need to manage and protect.
No Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results due to a variety of factors, including, among other things, business and economic conditions and growth trends in the networking industry, our customer markets and various geographic regions; global economic conditions and uncertainties in the geopolitical environment other macro-economic factors and other risk factors set forth in Napatech’s reports. Any forward-looking statements in this release are based on limited information currently available to Napatech, which is subject to change, and Napatech will not necessarily update the information.
For more information, visit us at www.napatech.com.
+45 8853 7003