[Guangzhou, China, February 3, 2015]: Huawei and China Unicom Guangdong Branch (Guangdong Unicom) announced today deployment of the world’s first Atom Router for commercial use. The deployment, which utilizes the Huawei Intelligent Perception solution, will help Guangdong Unicom build industry-leading bearer networks to deliver optimized mobile service experiences to users.
In the era of 3G/4G, the ability to provide an optimized user experience has become an important competitive edge for operators. Guangdong Unicom developed the concept of the "optimal user experience" with a focus on building bearer networks which streamline user services in an E2E manner and are critical to the user experience, but faced challenges related to a lack of basic data, network perception tools, and evaluation systems.
Towards overcoming these challenges, Huawei and Guangdong Unicom embarked to jointly develop and deploy Huawei "SmartSense" solution with the industry’s first Atom Router from June, 2014. The E2E solution provide the benefits of being/featuring:
1) The industry’s smallest router which supports seamless access to 3G/4G mobile bearer networks and smooth OAM capability expansion.
2) Super-high precision IP Flow Performance Measurement (FPM), Huawei proprietary feature which monitors network KPIs to illustrate service quality including measuring packet loss rate and delay of end-to-end service packets transmitted on an IP network to determine network performance.
3) "Traffic Snapshot" technology which identifies and records instantaneous second-grade traffic peaks in real-time to assist in precise network planning.
4) Innovative anti-congestion technology to counter the congestion, packet loss, and jitter caused by burst traffic.
5) uTraffic, the visualized and big data analysis system, supports the analysis of big data and clears the network bottleneck and risk in real time, providing the suggestion for network optimization.
Gai Gang, President of the Huawei Router and Carrier Ethernet Product Line, said, "The industry’s first deployment of an Atom Router for commercial use proves the maturity and commercial readiness of Huawei’s innovative IP technologies and E2E solutions, and will enable Guangdong Unicom to build leading and optimized networks for users. Huawei is dedicated to the needs of its customers, and will continue to help them to develop golden pipelines, open networks, and value-added services."