Physically Secure Rack Space Services to be Offered,
Manchester, N.H. (February 19, 2015) – FairPoint Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: FRP), a leading provider of advanced communications technology in northern New England, today announced plans to open a new data center in Manchester, N.H. FairPoint opened its first data center in Laconia, N.H., in June 2014.
FairPoint’s data centers provide organizations with network connectivity and rack space in physically secure, reliable locations. Businesses can use these spaces as primary or secondary data center sites; and they can be a critical part of a comprehensive disaster recovery strategy. FairPoint’s data centers are strictly controlled environments with essential power, cooling, connectivity and security features – including continuous video monitoring and keycard access at ingress points.
"We’ve seen tremendous interest in Data Center Services since we opened our data center in Laconia, N.H.,” said Chris Alberding, FairPoint Communications Vice President of Product Management. “Businesses are partnering with FairPoint because we’ve shown them we have trusted solutions for their business continuity needs, plus the unique benefit of our network connectivity at their primary office location and our data center. With an additional data center location, we’ll be able to provide more businesses – both within and outside of our service area – with secure data center services.”
Banks, hospitals, government agencies and other companies of all sizes – from Fortune 100 multinational corporations to small start-ups – recognize the benefits of offloading their data center needs to a trusted service provider. FairPoint's Data Center Services offer a flexible, pay-as-you-grow leasing model, with configurations ranging from half-rack and full-rack to customized cages. FairPoint’s account managers work closely with customers to develop customized plans to address their specific requirements. And, with Remote Hands service, customers can let the FairPoint Advanced Services Team handle routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
The benefits of FairPoint’s Data Center Services include:
- A cost-effective approach to addressing IT expansion – With the pay-as-you-grow model, customers lease only the space they need. There is no need to overbuild on-premises data center space or to take on the high capital expenditure associated with new construction or expansion.
- An essential part of an effective business continuity and disaster recovery strategy – Avoid downtime and loss of business due to IT disruption. FairPoint’s data centers can withstand adverse weather conditions, and are designed with the safety, physical security, and power backup features to ensure it stays up and running.
- An effective way to help maintain IT security – An off-site, physically secure data center limits physical access and reduces opportunities for disruptions and deliberate sabotage while mitigating the high costs of building a secure and compliant on-premises data center.
- Both an alternative and a bridge to cloud migration – An ideal solution for businesses that are concerned about regulatory compliance and are not ready to put legacy and critical applications and data on multi-tenant cloud platforms.
- Access to northern New England’s largest fiber network – FairPoint’s data center customers have access to a 16,000 route-mile fiber network, and can leverage our Carrier Ethernet Services at speeds up to 1 Gbps.
About FairPoint Communications, Inc.
FairPoint Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: FRP) provides advanced data, voice and video technologies to single and multi-site businesses, public and private institutions, consumers, wireless companies and wholesale re-sellers in 17 states. Leveraging an owned, fiber-core Ethernet network — including more than 16,000 route miles of fiber in northern New England — FairPoint has the network coverage, scalable bandwidth and transport capacity to support enhanced applications, including the next generation of mobile and cloud-based communications, such as small cell wireless backhaul technology, voice over IP, data center colocation services, managed services and disaster recovery. For more information, visit www.FairPoint.com.