Achieves revenue growth, adds top content publishers and CDNs as customers and positions itself for growth as content moves to the edge of the network in burgeoning Tier 2 cities
EMERYVILLE, Calif., Feb. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- 365 Data Centers, one of the top U.S. colocation providers by market presence, today announced the key milestones it has achieved for 2014, including record revenue and customer growth; 99.99999 percent uptime; compliance certifications and the addition of several of the world's largest content and content delivery providers as customers. Driven by the explosive growth of the consumption of Internet video and rich media, content publishers and cloud providers need to distribute more content to the edge and have selected 365 for its ability to reach local carriers and broadband Internet providers in tier 2 U.S. cities.
365 Data Centers announced the following milestones for 2014:
- Achieved double-digit percentage YOY sales growth and broke its all-time quarterly sales record by over 20 percent.
- Added 33 new customers including three of the largest social media and video distribution providers, bringing its total customer count to over 300.
- Raised $16 million in Series B funding from existing investors Crosslink Capital and Housatonic Partners and secured a $55 million credit facility from Fortress Credit Corp. to support the company's growth strategy.
- Achieved HIPAA and SSAE 16 compliance across 100 percent of its data centers to ensure high security and data privacy.
- Achieved 99.99999 percent uptime across all of its facilities.
- Launched the first local enterprise cloud storage-as-a-service featuring enterprise-class security and controls, low latency private access, self-service provisioning and pay-for-use pricing.
- In Nashville, upgraded its facility with multiple Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS), and introduced the Nashville Tech Hub to provide free colocation to local entrepreneurs.
- Partnered with Ingram Micro, the biggest channel reseller in the world, to enable Cloud Managed Service Providers.
365 operates data centers in 17 locations throughout the U.S., enabling low latency access from its carrier-neutral facilities for superior performance and high availability of storage, caching, content delivery, and other edge services for its clients through localization. 365 Data Centers has a long history of operational excellence and provides highly reliable services that are ideally suited for carriers, content and cloud providers as well as businesses.
"365 has specifically targeted Tier 2 cities that are experiencing revitalization and exhibit positive long term growth across a variety of demographics that act as critical communications convergence points and business centers," said John Scanlon, CEO, 365 Data Centers. "As new high-speed edge technologies such as DOCSIS 3.1 and 4G LTE are implemented, mega data centers, regionally distributed networks and long-haul backbones will feel the strain to deploy more localized points of presence to keep up with these vastly improved download speeds in maintaining a positive customer experience."
365 Data Centers' HIPAA and SSAE 16 compliant facilities offer a wide choice of broadband carriers and feature a full suite of colocation and cloud solutions.
About 365 Data Centers
365 Data Centers connects carriers, content publishers, cloud providers and their customers, at the edge, in media-rich world. Through its 17 U.S. data centers, 100% uptime SLA, and national network of carriers and content providers, 365 Data Centers offers colocation and cloud solutions that are tailored to meet the needs of its customers. For more information, visit 365datacenters.com.
CONTACT: Jeannette Bitz, Engage PR for 365 Data Centers, 510-748-8200, firstname.lastname@example.org