Sonus Recognized for Securing and Enabling Communications and Collaboration Across Microsoft Lync Enterprise Voice Deployments
- The 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Lync Pioneer Award honors companies enabling businesses of all sizes to leverage the Microsoft Lync platform to create enhanced communications and collaboration experiences for their users.
- Sonus solutions are purpose-built to secure and enable Lync voice and video features and are deployed across mission-critical service provider and enterprise networks.
- Sonus offers the industry’s broadest portfolio of Lync 2013 and Lync 2010 qualified Session Border Controllers (SBCs) and offers a unique Sonus Collaboration Lab where customers can test Lync solutions across disparate voice and video network environments.
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, today announced that TMC, a global, integrated media company, awarded Sonus with a 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Lync Pioneer Award. This award is given to companies that enable businesses to leverage the Microsoft Lync platform for enhanced Unified Communication (UC) and collaboration experiences.
By bringing together the historically disparate forms of voice, video and instant messaging (IM), UC platforms such as Microsoft Lync enable millions of users to communicate simply and seamlessly. Sonus solutions can be found as a key element of Microsoft Lync deployments across the world’s most mission-critical voice and video networks, both service provider and enterprise. Functioning in a manner similar to a fit-for-purpose firewall, Sonus SBCs enable and secure the flow of real-time communications as users communicate across a myriad of devices and networks. To improve the quality of service and the integrity of voice and video communications, IT managers deploy Sonus SBCs between the internal Lync Enterprise voice and video networks and SIP trunking services at the network border.
As a Microsoft Gold Communications Partner, Sonus solutions are designed and engineered for the unique interoperability, security, scalability and deployment requirements of Microsoft Lync solutions. With solutions spanning from the network core to branch office locations, Sonus delivers the most comprehensive portfolio of software and hardware solutions to secure and enable real-time communications. All Sonus SBCs are Lync 2013 qualified — inclusive of the Sonus SBC 1000, Sonus SBC 2000, Sonus SBC 5110, Sonus SBC 5210, Sonus SBC 7000 and Sonus SBC SWe.
To assist in the effective and secure deployment of real-time communications platforms like Microsoft Lync, Sonus features a unique Sonus Collaboration Lab where service providers, resellers and end customers have the ability to test varied deployment configurations. Located in Richardson, Texas, the Sonus Collaboration Lab features a spectrum of legacy communications platforms including Cisco, Avaya and Nortel so users can be confident in the stability, scale and reliability of their voice and video deployments. For enterprise sectors where securing real-time communications is especially important, the lab enables retailer, universities, high-tech companies, manufacturers, financial services entities and oil and gas providers the tools they need to move forward with confidence.
When deploying Lync, Sonus’ portfolio of SBCs, professional services and channel partner network insures proven interoperability, dependable reliability and secure real-time communications.
“Congratulations to Sonus for receiving a 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Lync Pioneer Award,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “Sonus is enabling service providers and businesses of all sizes to leverage the Lync platform to create secure and enhanced collaboration experiences for their users. I look forward to seeing Sonus’ future endeavors.”
“Helping customers connect seamlessly, effectively and securely via tools like Microsoft Lync is taking workplace productivity to new heights,” said Peter Polizzi, vice president and general manager, Global Services, Sonus. “Our combination of products, services and resellers is collectively designed to remove the complexity of working across disparate network environments when deploying real-time communications. On behalf of those we serve each day, we are honored to receive the Lync Pioneer Award from INTERNET TELEPHONY.”
- Sonus solutions are supported by Sonus Global Services across nearly 100 countries and anchored by a global network of approximately 400 channel partners and resellers.
- The SBC SWe, SBC 7000, SBC 5110, SBC 5100, SBC 5210 and SBC 5200 are Microsoft Lync 2013 qualified for SBC deployment.
- The SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 are Microsoft Lync 2013 qualified in several categories, including SBC, Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA), E-911 ELIN gateway and enhanced gateway.
- By deploying Microsoft Lync internally, Sonus has been able to save:
- $40,000 per office by replacing multiple voice gateways with a single SBC;
- $150,000 per year savings in operational expenses by simplifying/unifying networking administration on a single communications platform (Lync);
- $200,000 per year savings by internally hosting telecom services on the Lync Server and using the SIP-based wide area network to route long-distance calls.
- Download Sonus’ Lync Enterprise Voice for Dummies – the definitive educational guide for companies who want to best understand how to maximize Microsoft Lync deployments.
- Download a copy of the CIO Magazine Playbook, “Three Steps to Maximizing ROI for Microsoft Lync Enterprise Voice.”
- Read “Sonus Sees Productivity Gains, Significant ROI after Lync Implementation” Case Study here.
- Winners of the 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Lync Pioneer Award are featured on TMCnet.com here.
Sonus, SONS, TMC, Internet Telephony, Lync Pioneer, Microsoft, Microsoft Lync, Lync Enterprise Voice, Unified Communications, UC, SIP, Session Border Controller, SBC SWe, SBC 7000, SBC 5100, SBC 5200, SBC 2000, SBC 1000
About Sonus Networks:
Sonus enables and secures real-time communications so the world's leading service providers and enterprises can embrace the next generation of SIP and 4G/LTE solutions including VoIP, video, instant messaging and online collaboration. With customers in more than 50 countries and nearly two decades of experience, Sonus offers a complete portfolio of hardware- based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), policy/routing servers and media and signaling gateways. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that helps clients build communities in print, in person and online. TMC publishes multiple magazines including CUSTOMER, INTERNET TELEPHONY, M2M Evolution and Cloud Computing. TMCnet is read by more than 1.5 million unique visitors each month, and is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries. TMC is also the producer of ITEXPO, the world’s leading B2B communications event, as well as industry events: M2M Evolution; Cloud4SMB Expo; DevCon5; HTML5 Summit; Super Wi-Fi Summit, CVx; AstriCon; StartupCamp, and more. Visit TMC Events for a complete listing and further information. For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
For Sonus Networks:
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
Lois Paul & Partners
Siobhan Nguyen, +1-617-986-5784
Cohn & Wolfe
203-852-6800, ext. 287
- See more at: http://www.sonus.net/en/resources/press-releases/sonus-receives-2014-internet-telephony-lync-pioneer-award#sthash.YeKqPSlF.dpuf