Leader in Content Delivery Networking (CDN) Announces New Digital Content Delivery Solution for Game Developers and Publishers, Ensuring Reliable Global Game Delivery to any Device
TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Limelight Networks, Inc. (“Limelight”)(NASDAQ:LLNW, news, filings), a global leader in digital content delivery, today announced the Limelight Orchestrate™ (“Orchestrate”) Solution for Gaming. This cloud-based solution offers an integrated approach supporting the development, promotion, distribution, play, and update of games for a global audience.
The game industry continues to grow at a meteoric rate and is estimated to reach $102.9 Billion in 2017.* As the industry and the games themselves mature and increase in complexity, new challenges arise among game developers and publishers, including how to securely develop, promote, and deliver games globally.
Nintendo of Europe has taken on the herculean task of integrating numerous regional websites in eight languages. Its legacy production environment and content management system imposed major challenges, causing web pages to load slowly and prohibiting them from having complete control over their own content.
“We use our websites to promote our games to millions of consumers across 22 countries around the globe, including the UK, South Africa, Portugal, and Russia,” said Enis Sari, manager online service team, European Online and CRM, Nintendo Europe. “We needed a powerful platform to deliver a superior web video streaming experience with which to promote our brands. Limelight’s solution has improved our viewers' experience with flawless, scalable HD video delivery across all of our sites."
The Orchestrate Solution for Gaming addresses the delivery and distribution issues inherent in publishing and developing games. The Solution allows publishers to reach global audiences quickly, reliably, and without game day – or play – disruption. It also easily enables the management of large game files, updates, and downloadable content (DLC), user-generated content (UGC), and multi-device video delivery.
“The majority of console and PC games are now digitally distributed. Game releases have become major international events with millions of players worldwide,” said Kirby Wadsworth, CMO, Limelight Networks. “Games themselves are now deeply sophisticated, with elaborate HD graphics and special effects dramatically increasing file sizes and bandwidth requirements. UGC brings an entirely new layer of complexity.”
The Orchestrate Solution for Gaming enables game developers and publishers to:
- Distribute game files quickly and efficiently – Limelight’s Content Delivery Network (CDN) enables game developers and publishers to distribute alpha, beta, and launch day games to any platform anywhere in the world.
- Update and maintain games – The Solution integrates with both industry standard download managers (DLMs) and proprietary DLMs to make game updates easy and minimize game play interruption.
- Manage game files and UGC – Limelight’s cloud infrastructure allows digital content and game files to be shared easily across multiple regions. Its comprehensive cache management tools provide developers with total version control of their content so that game updates are released when and where they are needed.
- Broadcast quality live and streaming video – Publishers can feature their HD game videos without compromise using the Orchestrate Video platform. They can manage, upload, and distribute videos and broadcast live streaming e-sport events easily to any platform, on any device, anywhere in the world.
- Complete support for game-day and DLC launches – Limelight employs content delivery engineers who have thousands of hours of experience delivering the Internet’s biggest online events for the largest global brands. The company’s world-class network operations center provides 24/7/365 support to ensure that every launch event is delivered flawlessly.
“The unfortunate fact is,” Wadsworth continued, “that the public Internet is simply too slow and unpredictable to support the volume and intricacies of this kind of traffic. Limelight’s experience in gaming, our integrated high performance cloud storage, and the massive scale and performance of our private digital content delivery network, set us apart as a strategic partner for game developers.”
For more information on the Orchestrate Solution for Gaming please click here.
Limelight Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: LLNW), a global leader in digital content delivery, empowers customers to better engage digital audiences by enabling them to manage and deliver digital content on any device, anywhere in the world. The company’s award winning Limelight Orchestrate™ platform includes an integrated suite of content delivery technology and services that helps organizations deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue, and enhance customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, read our blog, and be sure to follow us on Twitter® atwww.twitter.com/llnw.