Forrester report details key components of a top-tier Bring Your Own Device strategy and the leading vendors for device management
by Laureen Hicks
It is estimated that by 2017, more than half of the mobile devices used by employees in the workplace will be personally owned, according to a Forrester report, "The Forrester Wave: Global BYOD Management Services, Q2 2014," in which Verizon is listed as a market leader.
The report identifies "developing a strategy for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) management services" as a high priority or critical need for 2015 by 73 percent of companies with more than 1,000 employees. Security and comprehensive written policies are most often touted as the top two considerations regarding BYOD program implementation; however several equally critical considerations include:
- Communication to employees — Efficient communication of program details, eligibility and policy help improve employee adoption, cost savings and productivity gains.
- Transition support — Program enrollment and employee support reduces the burden on in-house IT resources and associated costs.
- Subsidy reimbursement management — Special discounts and billing options improve the efficiency of finance and human resources departments, while providing additional incentive for employee participation.
Industry analysts have been closely monitoring the BYOD "phenomenon," recording and reporting on the challenges, best practices and potential benefits of BYOD. In Forrester’s Wave report, Verizon is recognized as a "Leader" in the BYOD category and a strong choice for:
- Large U.S.-based organizations considering a transition from corporate owned and liable wireless models
- Companies with a multinational presence
- Wireless environments consisting of a "hybrid" mixture of personally-owned and corporate-owned devices
Download the full report, "The Forrester Wave: Global BYOD Management Services, Q2 2014," to learn why industry analysts recognize Verizon as a leader for BYOD Management.
Contact Verizon to learn about services tailored to help implement and manage your BYOD program.