Juniper to Join OpenStack Leaders Hitachi and Canonical in Breakout Sessions
SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 28, 2014) - Juniper Networks, the industry leader in network innovation, today announced its plans for the OpenStack Summit taking place in Paris from Nov. 3-7, 2014.
- Juniper Networks is a Premier sponsor of the event and a leading provider of OpenStack networking, and will showcase Juniper Networks® Contrail, an OpenStack distribution system, that brings together compute, network, storage and virtualization into a single platform.
- The company will also share the stage in breakout sessions with partners including Hitachi and Canonical to discuss creating virtualized network functions using OpenStack and OpenContrail -- an open-source project to drive innovation in SDN and cloud. These sessions will illustrate the success of customers launching cloud platforms through collaboration with Juniper Networks and OpenStack capabilities.
Contrail Demo -- Stand #C6
- Come see how Contrail can help increase the velocity of OpenStack deployments by using a fully validated and supported Contrail OpenStack distribution.
- This turnkey cloud solution comprises Contrail integrated with OpenStack running on top of an optimized and validated Juniper networking hardware infrastructure including Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers, QFX 5100 Series and EX Series Ethernet Switches. These capabilities help improve IT agility by addressing the challenges of application management, resource management and the simplification of IT operations.
- The demonstration will highlight capabilities for different OpenStack deployments and use cases including:
- Overlay and underlay correlation
- VMware vCenter integration with Contrail
- Orchestration with Amdocs and Contrail
Juniper Networks Education and Breakout Sessions
- Session 1: Monday, Nov. 3, 2014 from 16:20 - 17:00
- Jennifer Lin (Senior Director, Product Management, Contrail, Juniper Networks) and Don Keeler (Senior vice president, Business Development and Product Management, Hitachi) -- Creating a Carrier-Grade Virtualized Network Function for Mobile Operators using OpenStack
- Session details here
- Session 2: Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2014 from 14:50 - 15:30
- Ryan Harper, (Software Engineer, Canonical) and Sanju Abraham (Senior Solution Consultant, Juniper Networks) -- NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) Service Chaining for Telcos using OpenStack
- Location: Room 253
- Session 3: Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2014 from 11:50 - 12:30
- Jennifer Lin (Senior Director, Product Management, Contrail, Juniper Networks) -- OpenContrail and Agile Cloud Service Delivery
- Session details here
OpenStack Community Social Meet and Greet
- As leaders in OpenStack, Juniper Networks and Canonical invite you to join us as we host a party for the OpenStack Community at the historic Musee D'Orsay.
- Musee D'Orsay, 1 Rue de la Légion d'Honneur, 75007 Paris, France
- Nov. 4, 2014 19:00 - 23:00
To arrange a press briefing with Juniper Networks, please contact Charles Catherinot, Edelman France (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Corey Olfert, Juniper Networks (Colfert@juniper.net).
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.