Implementation of Juniper Networks Contrail Enables Seamless Deployment of Private Cloud Services While Delivering an Increase of More Than Three Times the Virtual Network Performance as Compared to Previous Solution
SUNNYVALE, CA–(Marketwired – Sep 22, 2014) – Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that tcp cloud, a provider of cloud computing in the Czech Republic, has deployed Juniper Networks® Contrail controller for software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV) to improve automation and orchestration in its physical and virtual infrastructures. With Juniper Networks Contrail, tcp cloud can now build high-density private cloud solutions for its customers in one week versus six weeks, greatly accelerating the value tcp cloud can deliver for its customers.
tcp cloud is committed to offering the best solutions on the market for virtual private clouds and was in need of a simple, open and agile network to remain a leading provider in the industry. The company was also looking for an end-to-end cloud infrastructure solution that would quickly scale to meet changing customer needs and also continue to be compatible with future tcp cloud expansions.
The deployment of Juniper Networks Contrail exceeded expectations during the proof of concept (PoC) trial. The implementation was done in conjunction with the company’s existing use of Juniper Networks MetaFabric™ architecture, a reference architecture for next generation data centers that simplifies and accelerates deployment and delivery of applications within and across multiple data center locations. With Contrail, tcp cloud experienced a significant boost in network performance by increasing bandwidth from 4 Gigabits to 15 Gigabits, and added the ability to quickly customize and change the architecture design as necessary. Additionally, Juniper’s use of open standards and open protocols enabled tcp cloud to build a reliable and fully automated open cloud solution in the existing multivendor environment, which is critical to meet the company’s customer demands.
- tcp cloud conducted a successful PoC of Contrail as part of tcp cloud’s existing Juniper Networks MetaFabric reference architecture for state-of-the-art data centers, which includes Juniper Networks MX, QFX and EX Series networking solutions, and SRX Series Services Gateway. This enabled tcp cloud to launch its virtual private cloud commercial solution that is built on Contrail and each component of the MetaFabric architecture. Delivering a seamless and effective expansion to the current open cloud solution was a critical capability during the tcp cloud selection process.
- Juniper Networks Contrail orchestrates seamless connections to legacy workloads and non-virtualized physical services through Juniper Networks MX Series routers as a universal SDN gateway to enable efficient management of greater requirements for network connections, bandwidth and agility. Initial testing showed Contrail increased the performance of the network by delivering nearly four times the bandwidth, placing tcp cloud in a more competitive position in the market.
- tcp cloud will use Contrail northbound APIs to seamlessly integrate and enable new services for greater business agility, including a communication interface with tcp cloud accounting, billing and OSS/BSS subsystems.
- Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Juniper Networks distributor for Czech and Slovak Republic, worked with tcp cloud during the Contrail proof of concept and supported the design of the MetaFabric architecture. Arrow continues to work with Juniper Networks on additional potential extensions and network improvement options.
“We are extremely satisfied with Juniper’s Contrail solution. From our experience, Contrail is a leading network virtualization and data center cloud orchestration solution that seamlessly integrated with our existing infrastructure and quickly scaled to meet our strategic expansion goals. We look forward to an ongoing relationship with Juniper Networks as we work toward constantly providing our customers with cutting-edge cloud solutions.”
– Adam Skotnicky, chief executive officer, tcp cloud
“Working with innovative companies like Juniper Networks and tcp cloud allows us as distributors to not only work with industry leaders, but deliver entire network improvement options and extensions that enable a smooth transition and implementation process. It’s a pleasure to provide technical support, planning and preparation to Juniper and tcp cloud throughout this process to deliver a world class data center.”
– Boris Nevrlý, managing director at Arrow’s Czech Republic enterprise computing solutions segment
“tcp cloud is on the forefront of providing innovative virtualized cloud services to its customers in the Czech Republic and neighboring countries. The network tcp cloud has built using Juniper’s MetaFabric architecture with the Contrail SDN controller will give tcp cloud the agility it needs to deliver solutions quickly and at scale for its customers.”
– Ankur Singla, corporate vice president and general manager, cloud software, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks Contrail: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- OpenContrail: www.opencontrail.org
- OpenContrail on Twitter @OpenContrail: https://twitter.com/opencontrail
- OpenContrail on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/opencontrail
- Juniper Networks MetaFabric Architecture: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/dm/metafabric/
- Juniper.net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks’ innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.