New iPhone 6 offers provide the best value in wireless making it a great time to switch to America’s Newest Network
CHICAGO (BUSINESS WIRE), September 24, 2014 – Sprint (NYSE:S, news, filings) today announced that its all-new network received a first-place RootScore® Award for data performance at O’Hare International Airport, according to a recent report by independent mobile analytics firm RootMetrics®.
Sprint also recently announced two new offers to ensure customers are receiving the best value in the industry when they acquire their new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. The offers include:
- Sprint Simply Unlimited Plan: an exclusive new rate plan for customers purchasing the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. It gives new and existing customers unlimited data, talk and text for only $50 per month1 – a $30 savings per month versus T-Mobile’s $80 unlimited plan2.
- iPhone for Life Plan: a brand new way for consumers to acquire an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. The iPhone for Life Plan allows customers to lease the iPhone 6, 16GB, for $20 a month, $0 money down; or the iPhone 6 Plus, 16GB, for $25 a month and $0 down and guarantees a new device every 24 months3.
“We’re very proud to report that Sprint’s all-new network offers the best data performance at O’Hare International, one of the busiest airports in the country,” said Joe Meyer, vice president of Sprint Network Performance. “With our new data plans, there’s never been a better time to switch to America’s Newest Network.”
As part of a nationwide multi-year overhaul, Sprint has transformed its network in Chicago to deliver faster data speeds than before, along with improved call quality. Network improvements include:
- 4G LTE for faster, more reliable data delivering peak wireless speeds of 25Mbps.
- Sprint SparkTM, an enhanced LTE service offering peak wireless speeds of 50-60Mbps.
- Stronger in-building coverage using 800MHz low frequency spectrum.
- HD Voice, a new Sprint standard for crystal-clear voice calls providing a fuller, more natural-sounding voice on enabled devices, plus noise reduction technology that virtually eliminates background noise from places like a busy road or crowded restaurant.
Looking ahead, Sprint will continue to invest in its Chicago area network by implementing new technologies and techniques to make the network more efficient and deliver improved performance and faster data speeds.
RootMetrics, an independent mobile analytics firm that offers insights into the consumer mobile experience, tests the networks of all four major wireless carriers in the U.S. twice per year. The company provides objective, unbiased assessments of performance across a broad range of consumer-oriented mobile activities including data usage, calling, and texting. Network reliability measures a customer’s ability to establish and keep a data connection, make and retain a call, and send and receive texts.
Rankings are based on RootMetrics’ Chicago, IL (ORD) September 2014 RootScore® Report for mobile performance as tested on best available plans and devices on 4 mobile networks across all available network types. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of Sprint. Your results may vary. See www.rootmetrics.com for details.
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served more than 54 million customers as of June 30, 2014 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint as the most improved U.S. company in customer satisfaction, across all 43 industries, over the last six years. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America in 2011, 2012 and 2013. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1The $50 Unlimited Plan features unlimited talk, text and data while on the Sprint network for up to 10 lines for $50 per month for any new or existing customer who purchases or leases a non-discounted iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus through Jan. 15, 2015. Excludes premium content, international, roaming, taxes and Sprint surcharges. Prohibited network use rules apply. To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network.
2Compared to T-Mobile’s $80 Simple Choice Plan with unlimited high-speed data, unlimited International text and data features, Rhapsody unRadio and 5GB of tethering per mo. See carrier website for additional details.
3Future leasing subject to device availability and monthly payments may vary.
Yui Namiki, 571-287-8204