- Keynote presentations to include industry thought leaders, esteemed writers, and business innovators such as Red Bull Media House CTO Andi Gall; IBM Global Technology Services General Manager Brenda Harvey; Aspera CEO & Co-Founder Michelle Munson; Cisco Senior Vice President Howard Charney; best-selling author Ben Mezrich; award-winning writer, director and producer Morgan Spurlock; cloud analyst and author of Cloudonomics Joe Weinman; former deputy assistant director for the FBI's Cyber Division Steven Chabinsky; former FCC Commissioner Michael Copps; and President of the Free State Foundation Randolph May.
- Registration for Akamai customer conference available at www.akamai.com/edge.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass – September 22, 2014 – Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM, news, filings), the leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications, today announced the scheduled agenda and featured speakers for Akamai Edge 2014, its seventh annual customer conference, taking place October 6-10, 2014 at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.
Attracting business and technology leaders from some of the world's largest online brands, Akamai Edge 2014 creates a forum for sharing technology best practices and innovation stories through industry panels, technical labs, and partner-based exhibits. This year's agenda features speakers from some of the world's largest brands including BBC, Capital One, eBay, Etsy, Fox News, GE Capital, Groupon, IBM, IKEA, Kohl's, Major League Gaming, NBC Sports Group, Nordstrom, Quicken Loans, Rabobank, Ralph Lauren, Red Hat, Santander, and Trulia, among others.
In addition, attendees will hear from Akamai CEO and Co-Founder Dr. Tom Leighton, who will discuss the innovation and progress being made in addressing the Grand Challenges facing today's Internet (see Dr. Leighton's 2013 Edge keynote).
Attendees will have the chance to connect and gain insight into the Akamai partner ecosystem through hands-on demonstrations by more than 35 technical and strategic partners whose solutions integrate with the Akamai Intelligent Platform. Participating sponsors and Akamai partners include Aspera, IBM, Acquia, Brightcove, Exceda, Kaltura, Apica, Arturai, Compuware, Demandware, Flexera Software, G&L, GlobalDots, Haivision, Jive, Micros, Orange Business Services, Piksel, The Platform, Sumologic, and Telefonica, among others.
"Everyone and everything is connected, creating a remarkable environment in which to conduct business," said Brad Rinklin, chief marketing officer, Akamai. "Each year we bring together thought leaders from around the world to share best practices for leveraging the explosive growth of mobile devices, online video, cloud adoption, the consumerization of IT, and globalization of the enterprise. Collaborating with our customers and partners, we believe the Akamai Edge conference creates a dynamic forum for sharing those ideas and technologies that help enable businesses to move faster forward."
Akamai Edge 2014 will feature over 70 technical and industry breakout sessions. Concurrent tracks will be focused on the Consumer Experience, Digital Entertainment, Web Security, and the Enterprise Web. This year's conference will also feature a Technologist track and onsite labs for technical professionals looking to develop new experiences and bring them more quickly to market leveraging the Akamai Intelligent Platform.
As the largest annual gathering of Akamai customers and partners, the conference is scheduled to address topics including:
- Optimizing for speed and security of consumer Web experiences
- Making responsive Web design work
- Preparing for peak holiday traffic
- Taking advantage of new opportunities in video monetization
- The evolution of video workflow
- Architecting the cloud for high availability
- Securing your site against online threats and protecting your brand
- Making the most of your network infrastructure
- Accelerating branch office connectivity
- Navigating net neutrality
Current registrations for Akamai Edge 2014 include customers and partners from 38 countries spanning five continents. The complete conference agenda is available at: http://www.akamai.com/html/custconf/agenda.html.
Akamai Edge 2014 kicks off with two days of Akamai University sessions, designed for IT professionals who want to "step behind the curtain" and deepen their knowledge and Akamai expertise. These two days of technical training are led by Akamai technical consultants and professional services team members.
Prior attendees at Akamai's Edge conferences have included CEOs, CIOs, eCommerce executives, CTOs, heads of New Media, technical architects, and technology and business strategy executives.
For a complete list of registration rates, a description of eligible attendees and conference pass options, please visit Edge Registration.
Akamai® is the leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications. At the core of the Company's solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™, providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.