Enterprise and Government Clients to Benefit from Greater Device Selection, Improved Voice Performance, Large-Group Calling Size and More
by Maria Montenegro
Verizon is raising the bar on push-to-talk with the introduction of Push to Talk Plus, a new offering which is ushering in the next generation of feature-rich services over the nation’s largest and most reliable 4G LTE wireless network.
Greater device selection, improved voice quality and performance, and new features such as expanded group-calling sizes, are a few hallmarks of the new service. The companion story on the Verizon Wireless news center contains an in-depth description of key Verizon Push to Talk Plus features, as well as a listing of the current device lineup.
With the click-of-a-button on an enabled mobile device, Verizon Push to Talk can turn a smartphone into a walkie talkie, ideal for use across multiple industries where instantaneous connections are needed to share information and boost employee productivity.
- Healthcare: Workers on the road or in the emergency room can create quick connections to share patient information and coordinate care delivery.
- Transportation: Whether by road, rail or air, transportation workers need to be in contact with dispatch personnel, distribution centers or tower control in order to coordinate the movement of goods and people, safely and efficiently.
- Construction: Construction personnel and other field workers who need to coordinate activities can quickly connect with one another to share information, helping to save time, control costs and boost productivity.
- Hospitality: Hotel, stadium or casino personnel can quickly connect with colleagues to coordinate on logistical and security issues to deliver a better and safer customer experience.
- Manufacturing: In the fast-paced manufacturing environment, real-time communications between plant managers, assembly line personnel and supply chain supervisors can help inform business decisions around work orders, inventory control and delivery logistics.
- Education: Bus drivers can keep in touch with central dispatch, security personnel can alert teachers and administrators of risks, and custodial staff can quickly respond to maintenance issues.
- Public Safety: Law enforcement and homeland security personnel can share critical information when in the field, and first responders can quickly coordinate activities in response to natural disasters and other emergencies.
Verizon’s Push to Talk Plus’ features, include:
- Convenient downloadable application;
- Expanded portfolio of mobile devices;
- Largest 4G push-to-talk network coverage;
- Connectivity over Wi-Fi;
- Large-group calling sizes up to 250 persons;
- Talker priority feature for call leaders; and,
- Late join/rejoin capabilities for call attendees.
Verizon Push to Talk Plus is powered by Kodiak Networks, a global industry leader in push-to-talk platforms.
Visit Push to Talk Plus to learn more.