With so many mobile apps, fitness wearables and devices, technology is now playing a major role in today’s active lifestyles.
Sprint has teamed up with Destination Races’ Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon to host elite runners Melody Fairchild and Julia Stamps Mallon at the Sprint Downtown Portland, Ore., store for a special event on August 28. The two runners will share their secrets on how technology and apps ranging from smartphones to wearables to apps, have helped them to train better, avoid injury, recover sooner and race faster.
Emphasis will be placed on running tips for women, from amateur to elite, as well as special coaching tips for kids and high school girls from Coach Melody.
Special in-store giveaways and promotions:
- Save $50 instantly on the Samsung Gear Fit when you buy the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport. Galaxy S5 Sport is water and dust resistant and features a textured body making the smartphone easier to hold and preventing it from slipping from the hand.
- In-Store Special Offer – 20 percent off any fitness accessory. 40 percent off a second accessory if two fitness accessories are purchased in the same transaction.
- Raffle prizes include one Samsung S5 Sport, one Samsung Gear Fit and VIP passes to The Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon, sponsored by Destination Races
- $10 off coupon to run this year’s Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon (Use code: SPRINTOR14 when registering online)
- Free food and drink samples
For more information about Destination Races’ Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon, visit http://destinationraces.com/runoregon/.
What: How to Train and Race Better with Technology and Apps
When: Thursday, August 28 – 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
609 SW Broadway Ave
Portland, OR 97205