Banking Giant Securely Scales Its Data Centers to Boost Online Customer Services and Build Its High-IQ Cloud Network
BEIJING, CHINA--(Marketwired - Jul 1, 2014) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that China Construction Bank has deployed Juniper Networks security solutions at its three, next-generation data centers. With Juniper Networks® SRX5800 Services Gateways in place the bank is well positioned to securely scale operations to accommodate new e-commerce and big data platforms as well as pave the way for cloud services.
China Construction Bank (CCB) is one of China's "big four" banks and among the global top ten in terms of assets. The bank has a network of nearly 15,000 branches and sub-branches in China and employs about 330,000 staff to support its corporate banking, personal banking, and treasury operations. One of its key strategies to increase competitive advantage is to focus on web-based customer services.
- Based on Juniper's dynamic services architecture, the SRX5800 is a next-generation security platform that provides CCB with market-leading performance and near-linear scalability up to 300 Gigabits per second of firewall throughput. This massive scalability enables CCB to reduce the number of firewalls deployed in its data centers, simplifying the network while reducing space and power requirements.
- Juniper's solutions will help CCB to scale its security in tandem with its robust growth and deliver new online customer services in a cloud environment.
- Juniper Networks has been supplying firewalls to CCB since 2005 and its products account for approximately 70 percent of the firewalls deployed within the bank's data centers.
- At the end of 2013 CCB started deploying Juniper Networks SRX5800 Services Gateways to replace the previous generation of firewalls at its production data center and two disaster recovery sites. The SRX5800s' deliver the performance, resiliency and service availability necessary to meet its heightened security infrastructure requirements.
"Juniper Networks' firewalls have been the mainstay of our data center security for several years and we are very confident that the new generation of devices we've deployed will stand up to the ever increasing demands we place upon them. Going forward, we plan to migrate data center operations to a cloud computing architecture and we can already see how Juniper's advanced physical and virtual firewall architecture will be of great benefit." - Xi Mingliang, Director, Security Operation and Maintenance, China Construction Bank
"Financial institutions don't come much bigger than China Construction Bank, which hosts hundreds of millions of customer accounts and process billions of transactions each day. That requires king-sized data centers with equally large-scale security capacity, delivered by Juniper Networks. We are now in discussion with the bank to ensure that its journey toward cloud computing is just as secure, every step of the way." - Henry Zhu, Greater China Enterprise, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks in Security Juniper Networks builds secure and trusted networks with end-to-end security across every environment -- from the data center to campus and branch environments and to the device itself. Our security solutions give enterprise and service provider customers a competitive advantage as they set out to build the best networks on the planet.
About Juniper Networks Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.