RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., March 17, 2014 – Overture today introduced the Overture 65F10, the industry’s highest density 10 gigabit optical Ethernet Access Device (EAD). Immediately available, it is the ideal Carrier Ethernet on-ramp for performance-assured mobile backhaul, enterprise cloud services and layer 2 router offload applications. The Overture 65F10 joins the 65 1GigE EAD, the 6500 Service Delivery Platform and Ensemble Open Services Architecture™ (OSA) as part of a complete solution for software-defined and virtualized services at the metro service edge.
“The demand for high speed services has already impacted operator network infrastructures. This will become more critical as the surge in demand for Carrier Ethernet extends well beyond 1GigE,” said Erin Dunne, director of Research Services, Vertical Systems Group. “Recognizing that 10GigE is becoming the new building block for performance-assured Ethernet at the metro service edge, it is great to see Overture continue to create innovative optical Ethernet solutions that deliver the advantages of higher, scalable capacity with truly next generation capabilities.”
As the latest entry into Overture’s Open Service Delivery Family, the Overture 65F10 combines a state-of-the-art Carrier Ethernet feature set for both demarcation and aggregation applications at an unprecedented value point. The 65F10 fundamentally alters the economics of service delivery. An innovative, next generation optical EAD, it advances Ethernet service delivery in a number of areas:
- Rich service assurance features – A full suite of CE2.0 demarcation tools, hierarchical QoS, and an sFlow monitoring agent; layer 3 features including RIP, NAT, and multicast eliminate the need for CPE router for many IP services.
- Greater capacity – Non-blocking 64Gbps switching capacity, full line rate classification on four 10GigE and 24 1GigE ports, support for up to 256 EVCs, 32k MAC addresses, and 4096 QoS classification rules addresses aggregation and ENNI demarcation applications.
- Flexible deployment options – Deployable in both ring and point-to-point architectures, and is a state-of-the-art 10GigE demarcation device. Its high performance switching on all 10GigE and 1GigE interfaces supports high-density aggregation and router offload applications. Additional flexibility also comes from the 65F10’s integrated universal AC and DC combo power supply.
- Exceptional precision – Hardware-based OAM and exacting IEEE1588v2 implementation backed by nanosecond accuracy for mobile synchronization, precision one-way delay measurements, and less than three microseconds of latency delivers high-powered performance for financial and mobile backhaul applications.
- Superior reliability – Support for G.8031, G.8032v1 and G.8032v2 rings, as well as link aggregation create highly resilient network topologies; extremely low-power and extended operating temperature range ensure high service availability.
- Ready for Network Virtualization and Software-Defined Services – The Overture 65F10 joins the Overture 65, 6500 and Ensemble OSA™ as a member of the Overture Open Service Delivery family. It is the first 10Gig EAD ready for network virtualization and software-defined services.
“We understand that service providers need to economically address ongoing bandwidth capacity challenges, while also finding ways to optimize service creation, activation, and assurance,” said Keith Donahue, vice president of Product Management, Overture. “The Overture 65F10 along with Ensemble OSA allows CSPs to more easily leverage the benefits of performance-assured Carrier Ethernet 2.0 in an extremely cost effective package today and provide a straightforward path to network virtualization and software-defined services when they are ready.”
About Overture Networks
Overture is the preferred provider of Carrier Ethernet solutions for the metro service edge. By leveraging Overture’s Carrier Ethernet expertise and its new Ensemble Open Service Architecture™ for software-defined services, network operators and service providers worldwide are maximizing operational efficiencies and introducing new revenue-generating services on a scale never before possible.
Overture is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, with sales offices around the globe. For more information, visit http://www.overturenetworks.com.